Can someone please reassure me (dutasteride)?

Barry_Blue

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on Dr Reddy's dutas since May of last year after being on finasteride for a good 3 and a half years... a mixture of paranoia that it stopped being so efficient and greed make me take the plunge to dutasteride, albeit every other day and still continuing to take 1.25 of finasteride every other day and at weekends.

Well since November now my hair has gotten gradually worse. My forehead is looking bigger then ever and there's a little "hole" appearing in the bit behind my widow's peak area... the crown I'm not so sure about because it's a bit harder to see, obviously. It's basically how my hair was when I very first started on treatments! I've never had a shed on anything before I don't think so I'm praying this is my first one and something positive will come of this.... has anyone else had a shed on dutasteride after this period of time only for it to get better!? And when can I expect this to happen?

T

Timi

i was 2Years on dutasteride
my Hair so worse as never bevor
bevor Norwood 2,5 - today Norwood 7
my Hair straw -yellowish and thin
My Front thinnig 70%
Hairloss arround the Head 50% and all hair looks ill

dutasteride is sh*t
my biggest error in my Live

my Hair with finasteride was good

Timi

Barry_Blue

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
get reinsurance from a doctor.

Unfortunately Cassin I'm in the UK, where our doctors knowledge, or should I say concern regarding male pattern baldness is minimal. And if I told him I was buying dutasteride off the internet for hairloss he'd laugh at me, throw me out of his office or send me to counselling.

T

Timi

Hi Barry_Blue

You take minoxidil or?

you sure that minoxidil works good for You?
and the Hair get worse with minoxidil and not dutasteride??

i am not sure what was the biggest error for my Hair?

was it dutasteride? was it minoxidil??

my Hair get worse
i have quit dutasteride for 9Month's
my Hair get not better
my Hair was 13Years very good with finasteride allone
i have make a minoxidil attempt Year 2004 (finasteride and minoxidil no dutasteride)
my Hair get worse thinnig all over the Head!
i have take minoxidil 13Month the Hair was sh*t !!! Quit minoxidil
and have take finasteride allone my Hair after 6Month very Good
the Hair comes back very fast

Timi

KeyserSoza

Established Member
Reaction score
hey barry,

after using proscar and min 5% for over a year without success and gradual thinning i stopped. After a month i think, i noticed my temples and my crown (which was never that big of a problem) were much worse.

so i've been on dutasteride and xandrox plus for 2 months

biggest shed ever - well dont know if its a shed but the whole top of my head is now showing, my crown is almost bare and the front/temples/hairline, gone.

So i cant really reassure you but im praying that its going to come back. but take a look in the success section, there is thread there for dutasteride success.

its worked for some mate