Can spironolactone/S5 Cream Cause Shedding??

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just started S5 Cream two days ago, it's my fourth application and just curious, can Sprio/S5 Cream cause shedding in the starting of treatment, I may be seeing things or over analyzing but I had many new hairs coming in from dutasteride and after adding spironolactone they are gone?? spironolactone is suppose to help stop shedding right, can spironolactone have a shedding phase? or could this maybe just be a dutasteride shed? i've been on dutasteride for one month.

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
Nobody uses spironolactone anymore, am I the only one? :dunno: You're help is much appreciated here, thanks! :)

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No one really sees any results from spironolactone, but theoretically it should. spironolactone looks good on paper, but I never really hear any + results from it. If whatever is said should happen actually happens then you should experience some hair shed so smaller hairs are replaced by larger ones.

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks ripple, I'm actually using both spironolactone and dutasteride together as my regime along with Nizoral 2% keto. I heard spironolactone isn't much good on it's own as it is kinda weak? I only bought one jar, should I buy another after this?? As you said it looks good on paper, but I have no idea whether the spironolactone is doing anything or if it's just the dutasteride alone.. :(

Maybe my money is better spent on something else, any opinions?

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually I've decided that I'm going to stick it out with topical spironolactone, I like how it feels on the hairline like a cooling less dry, no flakes and the fact that there is caffeine in this product, I've read good things about caffeine. My current regime now consists of Dutasteride 0.5mg once daily, Topical spironolactone day/night, Nizoral 2% every third day, Revivogen Shampoo/Conditioner EOD (I don't feel I need Revivogen everyday as shampoo/conditioner can strip your hair of natural oils beneficial for hair growth) and Rogaine 5% liquid day/night. So far after one month I'm starting to see lots of new growth, but I have only been receding for 4-5 years (NW3) and I have a decent chance to regrow some if not most of my hair, I hope to regrow back to a NW2 which doesn't seem all that bad, you can still look good with a NW2 hairline.

dam

Reaction score
How is your hairloss routine working for you Mr_Reeses, did you stick with spironolactone also did you get any regrowth? Did you take propecia before dutasteride? I am thinking of switching to dutasteride after over 14 yrs on propecia i am loosing ground. thanks