can sum1 answer this

hairforce9

Established Member
Reaction score
ok, ive been on rogaine liquid for 3 months beginning of May-July (im diffused so all over the top), in the beginning of month 4 i started applying foam to the front half and liquid to the back Aug-Present.

The past couple of days what ive been doing is applying liquid in the back and foam in the front then 30 mins (or more) later i reapply liquid all over the top including the front so im applying alot of minoxidil.

and today i experienced a huge shed. Ive been monitoring my sheds since day one and my shedding actually decreased compared to prior rogaine applicationg. I usually lose 50 hairs a day and today i lost well over 100. I wanted to know if appying too much minoxidil kills the hair, increases shedding or reduces the effect of rogaine. whay do you guys think thanks!!

oh and the reason why i decided to increase my rogaine applications is because im not seeing the results i want and im very impatient :)

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I used to use alot of extra rogaine. I'd go through a bottle a week and I def got some major sheds but at the same time I was getting crazy regrwoth. after 5 months of this my hair was the thickest it had ever been in my life... unfortunately i had to go to the hostpital when I began getting palpatations and dizzy spells. I did have a sh*t load of hair tho. Dr. told me to stop using rogaine and i did for 1 year 1/2 and lost alot of hair after that. Now I just use the normal amount and am still unsure of my results... seeing how it has only been 2.5 months. If you start getting extremely tired out of no where are feeling like you're spinning when you go to sleep then you def are using to much and should cut down. But if your body can handle it... from my experience the more rogaine the more hair.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
KielMcK said:
I'd go through a bottle a week and I def got some major sheds but at the same time I was getting crazy regrwoth.

hrmmMMmmm. So: did you get water retention/face bloating with that much sauce? I think my body can handle lots of extra rogaine, mostly because I'm a double-hard bastard. But! I have a buzzed head, so I really don't need to use that much. A can lasts me about 5 weeks. Did you just put more on each time, or more than 2 applications a day?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
I used to use alot of extra rogaine. I'd go through a bottle a week and I def got some major sheds but at the same time I was getting crazy regrwoth. after 5 months of this my hair was the thickest it had ever been in my life... unfortunately i had to go to the hostpital when I began getting palpatations and dizzy spells. I did have a $#iT load of hair tho. Dr. told me to stop using rogaine and i did for 1 year 1/2 and lost alot of hair after that. Now I just use the normal amount and am still unsure of my results... seeing how it has only been 2.5 months. If you start getting extremely tired out of no where are feeling like you're spinning when you go to sleep then you def are using to much and should cut down. But if your body can handle it... from my experience the more rogaine the more hair.

They keep saying that there is a cap of how much it can do.

barcafan

Reaction score
It's just diminishing returns, im pretty sure the recommended dose is already like practically capped

RaginDemon

Reaction score
barcafan said:
It's just diminishing returns, im pretty sure the recommended dose is already like practically capped

I am not suprised. Well, many have said that it can regrow to a certain level, then it's just maintainese from there.

hairforce9

Established Member
Reaction score
its hard to determine what recommended dosage is. if your a diffuse thinner and your using liquid im sure you can cover the entire top of your scalp with the liquid but are you putting enough in each place. for example a person with hairloss on the crown applying 1ml in the crownal area applies much more in that region then a diffused thinner applying 1ml over the entire scalp. I use 1ml twice aday as suggested but im wondering if its enough which is why im upping my dosage.
btw the shed scared me so instead of reapplying the liquid after morning and night applications I only reapply after night applications so im using about 3-3.5ml aday of minoxidil