Can this event have caused my shed?

RB15

Reaction score
Hey all!

Have been experiencing a huge shed for the last 4 weeks, but at the beginning of that 4 weeks ago i got diagnosed with gout in my big toe, which the docs put down to too much protein in my diet and too much beer at the weekend (i train 5 days a week, not overweight and have an athletic build)

In the last 4 weeks i have had 2 rounds of Colchicine (anti-inflammatory that can cause hair loss as a side effect) i have also been very stressed about the whole thing due to the thought of having to give up ornat least cut down things i love such as meat and alcohol!

I have also changed my diet for the better, switching to wholemeal bread and rice, eating alot more fruit and veg and increasing my water intake, which has made me feel generally better health wise and has miraculously cleared up my beard folliculitis.

But, there is this huge shed i'm having, is it down to the diet change? Gout meds? Stress?

Or all of them together?

I'm 31 yrs old and considering starting finasteride, been on minoxidil 5% for over a year with good results.

Thank you