can you crush ketoconazole tabs into minoxidil

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
would it absorb if u crushed the keto tabs into minoxidil and applied? im thinking keto is really underrated as a topical, if shampooing could give sum benefit wouldn't it left on scalp in minoxidil make sense to work better?

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats a good question i would also like too know this. I'll do some research into this and find out.

IBM

Reaction score
ketoconazole may be toxic to the skin. though there's a study of ketoconazole cream. The patients had tremendous regrowth with nizoral cream.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
do you have links of some results of the nizoral/keto 2% creme ?
i'm verry intrested in this... maybe to try on my temples , sinds i have not mutch to lose there where the hair is gone...

i know there is result with nizoral schampoo , but i think a creme that you left in all night would be better for regrowth ?

so are there links where i can see results of the creme version ?

fallout2rocks

Reaction score
Alright, I ran across this thread and thought I'll give it a bump...

Inspired by Azyx's Big 3 + Tretinoin thread, I decided to give the crushed Keto + crushed finasteride method a shot. I am already on minoxidil, avodart and keto shampoo & Keto cream to begin with so I figured the addition of crushed keto + crushed finasteride in 5% minoxidil solution probably won't hurt much for me. However, again, I won't recommend this for everybody unless you feel comfortable enough to proceed!

Azyx proposes the following formula on his blog:
3 crushed keto + 3 crushed finasteride + 60ml minoxidil
= 1% Keto + 0.025% finasteride + 5% minoxidil

However, I've decided to up the stakes a bit, namely...

6 Crushed Keto + 12 crushed finasteride + 60ml minoxidil
= 2% Keto + 0.1% finasteride + 5% minoxidil

This is of course, if everything melts/mixes well in minoxidil. I've already mixed the concoction tonight and will attempt the formula soon. I'll try and respond my results here if progress is achieved, wish me luck.

Gentlemen, I am heading in!

PS. Respects to Azyx, much thanks for leaving everyone the pointers!!

fallout2rocks

Reaction score
Today marks the end of my first bottle with crushed tablets and I've decided NOT to continue with the experiment for the following reasons:

I've been on Avodart for the last 4 months and it has relatively given me no sides whatsoever, hence my decision to add finasteride 1% topically. Big mistake! :shock: Assuming finasteride works just like Avodart, I am sure double dosing has its dangers so this is why I am quitting. My original intention of trying to add something locally to knock out DHT apparently hasn't been working very well.

At the two weeks mark, I can safely conclude I have no noticeable shedding whatsoever, as opposed to major and significant shedding in the past when I begun other treatments. I sincerely doubt an additional month or two with the crushed tablet routine can initiate a healthy shedding cycle, which leads me to the other reason why I wish to stop this treatment. I am not sure what side effects Avodart + finasteride treatments may have, but I certainly don't want to stick around and find out.

In the last two weeks, I have noticed considerable side effects such as: significantly lowered semen count! (which has never happened to me while on Avodart :dunno: ), bad breath, sleep disorder, brain fog and etc. More than one family member has pointed out to me I've recently gained bad breath and guess what, nearly all agree, it started right after I begun the crushed tablet routine two weeks ago!

Of course, there are myriad of reasons why these sides could happen but I am attributing them primarily to using finasteride topically.

Now, concerning Nizoral, I've recently begin utilizing Nizoral shampoo daily, plus I also use Nizoral 2% cream so I can definitely do without them when I use my minoxidil treatment.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I recently asked Dr. Lee about adding keto tablets to xandrox 15+. He advised against it. He says that the solution is saturated with minoxidil and finasteride and the they might precipitate.

when you add keto, it could affect other growth agents in the solution.

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're really concerned with getting an anti-fungal into the mix, try using athlete's foot cream instead. Unlike those pills it's actually made specifically for you to leave on your skin.

Kero

Reaction score
fallout2rocks said:
However, I've decided to up the stakes a bit, namely...
6 Crushed Keto + 12 crushed finasteride + 60ml minoxidil
= 2% Keto + 0.1% finasteride + 5% minoxidil

Honestly dude, that's a sh*tload ...due to my own experience I can say that 0,025% topical finasteride is enough to see effects.
Less is sometimes more.