Can you give me the rundown on my hair?

Jwgcn

Reaction score
Hello. I'm a 35 y/o whose balding recently accelerated. Here is a pic: http://i.imgur.com/5WZlFmrh.jpg

I'm wondering:

What type of baldness is this?

What stage is it?

What treatment(s) should I use?

What results should I expect?

Thank you!!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You have some advanced thinning but if its recent loss, you might be able to slow thing down and reverse it. Honestly, you have very few choices to reverse it. Propecia and minoxidil are really the only treatments worth starting with to slow down or save whatever hair you have left. You have to decide if the potential side effects of those medications are worth taking the risk to save your hair. In my case, I did fine with Propecia but minoxidil in amounts greater than 5 percent just didn't cut it for me. When you have aggressive genes, you have to fight hard but there is no guarantee you will be victorious. Its all about taking risks and if you value your health over your hair then just accept your fate and move on from here( or hair:)).

Jwgcn

Reaction score
Perhaps I should mention that this acceleration coincided with me starting Propecia. I've now been on it for two months.

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
I myself am contemplating about going on Propecia. How are the sides, if any? Low libido? Hair loss effing sucks.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Perhaps I should mention that this acceleration coincided with me starting Propecia. I've now been on it for two months.
Most likely you are shedding which sometimes means a positive response to treatment. If you don't improve in about a year, you can be considered a poor responder. Unfortunately, it takes a good long time to reverse the balding process and get some improvement. You have to be patient. I got worse when I started Propecia too but eventually after a year it did improve but nothing significant. I have been using generic Propecia for the past few years and my hair did get worse. Don't know if that is coincidence or not.