Can you physically notice the "Rogaine Shed" ?

HalpImBald

Reaction score
I'm just finishing my second bottle of Rogaine foam, and my second month of Propecia. My hairloss hasn't stopped, and I assume that a lot of this right now is the "shed" from Rogaine. Right now it seems to be that more hairs are falling out and I can see my hair thinning more in the areas where I apply it. Typically how long does a shed last? And do these hairs fall out because of Rogaine, and grow back as if you pulled them out? Or do hairs fall out from the shed as if they were dropped because you're balding?

rorkybalboa

Reaction score
So far from using minoxidil i've been the only person to notice my own shed and seem to think it's quite bad whereas others are either too polite or simply haven't noticed. As far as the shedding cycle goes i've not used it for long but i can only assume any healthy hairs you may have shed will grow back as i'm sure the fda woiuldn't approve a "stimulant" that accelerates hairloss. Personally my own shed seemed to last 2 weeks. if you take a look at some of the other guys stories it may answer any questions you may have about minoxidil in more detail. Let me know how it goes.

HalpImBald

Reaction score
I've been on Rogaine and Propecia for three months now and now signs of it slowing down. I know I need to give it more time but they still keep falling out.

Reaction score
Not sure if what I'm having is a rogaine shed but its' definitely noticeable. I've been on the big 3 for about 5 months, never had any noticeable long/thick hairs falling out when styling my hair prior to going on the regimen.

For the past month or so, I've had several long hairs fall out as I style in the front each morning and apply rogaine at night. Don't think this is normal shedding so I'm getting nervous. Hairline may not even constitute a "line" in the front anymore.