Canade's story (20) - 0.25mg finasteride daily

canade

Reaction score
I've been taking quartered 1mg Finasteride tablets every day since the end of August, about 3 1/2 months now. I tried Rogaine foam for about a month, but I noticed that I had a puggish face whenever I smiled, so I discontinued it. So far the results are underwhelming - there's some regrowth poking out from within the hairline at the temples, and small, barely visible fuzz below it. The slight recession at the middle of my hairline is unchanged.

Had side effects for the first 2 months, which were a slight decrease in libido, softer erections, and dry eyes. They're gone now.

I'm a NW1, I think, and Asian if that's relevant.

Can I expect my hairline to be lowered by taking finasteride alone, even if slightly? If not, are there alternatives to minoxidil that don't fatten my face?

IMG_20141215_232019.jpg
IMG_20141215_232140.jpg - Left temple
IMG_20141215_232125.jpg - Right temple which is worse off than my left

UPDATE: Starting nizoral twice a week. (12/27/2014)

UPDATE: Quit finasteride on February 12. Right now it's March 6 and I feel better than when I was on finasteride.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could possibly get some regrowth taking Finasteride. Its main use for hair loss is maintenance.

canade

Reaction score
Just resumed rogaine foam on my hairline, this time using only 0.5mg nightly. Also increased my finasteride dosage to 0.5mg a day.

UPDATE: Discontinuing rogaine for the same reasons as the first time. Anybody know any alternatives?