Canadianboy's Story - (28 / starting to lose my hair)

Canadianboy

Reaction score
Hello I am 28 and have noticed that I have been losing my hair for about a year now. Lately I have really noticed how much hair I have lost. I have been reading lots of post on this website and others and have decided to go get some nizoral and start using it every three days. Because my hair loss has just started I am not to worried about growing back hair I am more worried about keeping the hair I have and making it thicker. I have also been considering taking Propecia but I am a little worried about taking a pill everyday that changes my hormones also my wife and I are going to start trying to have a baby and I don't know how this will affect that. Also it seems very expensive and I have been laid off so money is tight. Was wondering if Revivogen worked as well. If any body could give any advice that would great. I plan on posting some pics so that you can see where my hair loss is at. Any advice at this point would be great there are so many products out there that I don't know what is a scam and what is the real deal. With not having a lot of cash at this time I don't want to waste my money. thanks for any help you can give.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
Re: Canadianboy - (28 / starting to lose my hair)

ok...... welcome to HairLossTalk.com

28 and just starting to notice hair loss ......lucky you IMO

your on the right path if you want maintenance

just some facts on (finasteride) "propecia is 1mg finasteride" "proscar is 5mg finasteride"

tons of people on this site get a prescription for "proscar"
(which also has a generic version)
we split the 5mg pills into 4ths to save some cash
splitting 5mg finasteride pills into 4ths is the MOST ECONOMICAL WAY

finasteride shouldn't affect your ability to conceive a child
less than 2% of people experience sides
and they are usually a placebo effect

it is very important however that if your wife does indeed get pregnant
she should never be exposed to finasteride residue/dust that accumulates from splitting the pills

a pregnant woman exposed to finasteride could result in possible birth defects in the child

or when your wife does get pregnant
spend the extra cash and get "propecia"
as long as she doesn't ingest the pills
their is no concern for possibly being exposed to finasteride residue

hope this helps

Canadianboy

Reaction score

Thanks for the advice. I had read on the internet that it can cause birth defects this is the reason why i don't really want to have it in the house. You never know and rather not take the risk. Can I use a shampoo like Revivogen instead and get the same results? Also do you need a prescription to get finasteride because my drug plan still works so I was wondering if it would be covered under that. Thanks for all your help this is a great site makes this stuff so much easier to understand.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

the only chance for birth defects is if your pregnant wife ingests the finasteride
which can be totally prevented by storing it in your office or some other (man only allowed) area in your home

and like i said their is no chance you wife would ingest "propecia"
which is an solid pill
much more "safe" than having split pill residue

IMO Revivogen is not even CLOSE to being as effective as finasteride and some on this site it is not effective at all

I find hair loss product companies prey on the desperate uneducated hair loss suffer
by providing a (bogus solution)

usually finasteride (for cosmetic reasons) is not covered under drug plans

5mg finasteride is used for an enlarging prostate and would be covered under drug plans
i guess you would need to suggest it to you doctor and if he has flexible morals he could do so

i have found very cheap 5mg finasteride "prescription required" at an online canadian pharmacy

north west pharmacy .com (no spaces)

90 5mg pills for $35 .....and free shipping

if you do live in canada im sure other pharmacies are similarly priced

Canadianboy

Reaction score

Thanks for your help i will look up that site. I have an appointment with my doctor to discuss some of the worries I have. Another thing I want to ask is. I am losing my hair in the front hairline and have noticed that I have a lot of dandruff and pimples in that area, also it has been itchy as hell. It this be making the problem worst? This is another reason why I am starting to use Nizoral. I have also read that Saw Palmetto helps is this true?