Candida and hair loss

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
I've seen a couple of people mention candida and hairloss in other posts and thought i'd share my thoughts on the subject.

For those who dont Candida is present in everyones body. It is not an ilness unless it becomes overgrown in the digestive system. This can be caused by many factors, but the most common is through the use or rather over use of antibiotics.

Antibiotics kill the bad bacteria in your body, but also kill the good bacteria too. This causes an imbalance in your body and allows candida to grow if your diet is poor. I have been on anitbiotics for throat infections many times and this has resulted in me becoming a sufferer of Candidias (the over growth of candida). I get numerous yeast infections in my throat, which doctors commonly perscribed more antibiotics, thus making the problem worse in the long run.

If you think you maybe be suffering from candida i'd suggest doing some research on the web as there is a lot of information out there.

However some posters have been saying they are losing their hair and could it be candida. If your only symptom is hairloss then no probably not!

I'm a hairloss sufferer and also a candida sufferer. I dont beleive candida has lead to my hairloss, I think i am just genetically pre-disposed to it. However I believe it has probably accelerated the process some what. I have since changed my diet dramatically and take supplements to help keep the candida under control.

If you think you may be suffering from candida and would like some advice on diet etc then feel free to let me know and i'll offer some advice. Its unlikely anyone will lose their hair purely down to candida, but it could be a contributing factor, therefore any action you take is going to have a positive effect on your battle with the bald.

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeast infections are not treated by antibiotics so no wonder you got worse if doctor prescribed you this.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
yeast infections

Haha yeah exactly! One even put me on anitbiotics for 3 months to see if they would clear it up once and for all. Doctors are loath to accept candida though as being a real problem and are very uneducated it would seem on yeast infections. Over the course of the years I think i've seen probably 12 different doctors in 8 years. They have all either given me anti biotics, wanted to take out my tonsils or said the yellow lumps on my tonsils were food?!! Muppets! lol!

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Every doctor should know that antibiotics are not for yeast infections. If he doesnt' then he has no clue what antibiotics are. There is no excuse to pump a patient full of antibotics because of that. And yellow stuff on infected tonscils being food... FFS such doctor should have his license revoked.

No wonder you developed yeast infections if idiots put you on ABs for prolonged periods.

Jacob

Reaction score
For heavy metals- Metal Magnet by Enzymatic Therapy.

Candida- Kolorex..probiotics

Just some suggestions :wink:

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jacob. I take spirulina and chlorella for heavy metals. I am just interested to see if he has information on heavy metals and candida that I have not found before.

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
You CAN get rid of a candidasis (overgrowth of candida albicans) though a very special diet that last 3 or 4 weeks, or more. (just google candida)

I did it once and saw massive changes in how I felt, including my ability to concentrate mentally. As to hair loss i don't know; but i know that itchiness of the scalp has a lot to do with bacteria world.

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
I actually just finished a Candida cleanse, and took probiotics for about a month

Candida overgrowth can really mess you up, the degree of symptoms is massive

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a book on candida and it says that you need to do the diet for about a year to fully eliminate it and then still stick to it to some degree forever to fully combat the problem. I did it for a month, it was very very hard! Still I felt better then I ever have b4. I celebrated at the end of the months diet with a chinese and lots of alcohol... doh! Oh well. I stick to it to some degree still though and avoid all dairy and wheat. Defo feel a bit healthier but i'm not sure its had any effect on improving my hairloss

docj077

Reaction score
Ajax,

I'm sorry to say it, but you need a new doctor. One who understands the difference between a fungus and a bacteria.

Do it fast before something serious happens and he kills you.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
docj077 said:
Ajax,

I'm sorry to say it, but you need a new doctor. One who understands the difference between a fungus and a bacteria.

Haha yeah yer right, i've stopped going to that doctor now, but the new one was even worse! I hurt my shoulder a while back and when i went to the docs he asked me what i thought was wrong with my shoulder, he asked me what a ligament was, and then asked me what treatement I thought I needed to cure the problem lol! Seriously doctors dont have a clue about anything!

docj077

Reaction score
ajax said:
docj077 said:
Ajax,

Haha yeah yer right, i've stopped going to that doctor now, but the new one was even worse! I hurt my shoulder a while back and when i went to the docs he asked me what i thought was wrong with my shoulder, he asked me what a ligament was, and then asked me what treatement I thought I needed to cure the problem lol! Seriously doctors dont have a clue about anything!

As a medical student, I can say that in reality, most medical professionals have no idea what's going on. Especially dermatologists and a lot of the time family physicians.

If you hurt your arm and your can afford it, go to the ER. You might have a long wait, but at least you'll get somebody who is medically skilled enough to know trauma injuries. That, or just go see an orthopedist if you know one. Then, you can start physical therapy right away, as well.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
docj077 said:
ajax said:
docj077 said:
Ajax,

If you hurt your arm and your can afford it, go to the ER. You might have a long wait, but at least you'll get somebody who is medically skilled enough to know trauma injuries. That, or just go see an orthopedist if you know one. Then, you can start physical therapy right away, as well.

cheers Doctor, arranged a physio app so hopefully they can give me some exercises to do to cure the problem