Can't take this sh*t anymore

yungsasquatch

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never had the nicest or thickest hair, but its gone to sh*t since I first noticed it in October 2020. I tried topical minoxidil for 3 months before adding finasteride in December, and switched to oral minoxidil in March. My hair looks worse and worse everyday, and becomes disgustingly greasy two days after showering. My hairline is rapidly receding, and I'm diffusing throughout the scalp. I can barely look in the mirror without feeling sick, I'm 20 years old this sh*t shouldn't be happening to me. I'm starting dutasteride soon, if I don't regrow from the oral min shed and stabilize the loss with dutasteride I will have no reason to live. I would rather lose a leg than bald in my 20s, I have been having constant suicidal thoughts over this.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never had the nicest or thickest hair, but its gone to sh*t since I first noticed it in October 2020. I tried topical minoxidil for 3 months before adding finasteride in December, and switched to oral minoxidil in March. My hair looks worse and worse everyday, and becomes disgustingly greasy two days after showering. My hairline is rapidly receding, and I'm diffusing throughout the scalp. I can barely look in the mirror without feeling sick, I'm 20 years old this sh*t shouldn't be happening to me. I'm starting dutasteride soon, if I don't regrow from the oral min shed and stabilize the loss with dutasteride I will have no reason to live. I would rather lose a leg than bald in my 20s, I have been having constant suicidal thoughts over this.
I hear you man. I got on finasteride and my hairline is getting worse. I get that there is a shed phase but that is usually after 3 months. I'm only 3 weeks in. I don't see the hair loss stabilizing and I might be a non responder. It sucks, if I don't stop this I'll end up dying alone.

yungsasquatch

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hear you man. I got on finasteride and my hairline is getting worse. I get that there is a shed phase but that is usually after 3 months. I'm only 3 weeks in. I don't see the hair loss stabilizing and I might be a non responder. It sucks, if I don't stop this I'll end up dying alone.
3 weeks in is nothing man, stay strong. It's been five months for me, and everyone I see online who HAS responded at least stabilized within 3 months. This disease is killing me slowly, its either hair system or suicide I guess

jonas.hx

My Regimen
Reaction score
I completely understand what you guys say, but you really need to change your mindset. It is so unappreciative to say that you would rather lose a leg than your hair. I am 17 and have quite extreme diffuse thinning and am a NW2. It is normal to shed up to 2-3 months. I had the most extreme sheds at 2 months on Minoxidil.
You have to stay strong. And most importantly appreciate what you have. We can handle that!

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

dude my hair sheds when I started finasteride were instant and lasted about 3-4 months . Shedding early is a good sign

jazz1

Reaction score
You are not allwoing medication or minoxidil time to work, you have switched to oral minoxidil. You change medication brands, I think you are panicking….