Castor oil , aging skin ? topically or orally ?

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a question about castor oil.

I have heard that it increases the PGE2 but does it have a harmful effect on the skin? I use castor oil topically and not orally. Does castor oil cause aging of the skin?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a question about castor oil.

I have heard that it increases the PGE2 but does it have a harmful effect on the skin? I use castor oil topically and not orally. Does castor oil cause aging of the skin?
Do you have a theory about this or have you heard this?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have heard that castor oil increase PGE2 which is bad for skin aging. I don't have any theory about this.
Lol. That is similar to what some people say about minoxidil. Hopefully, we don't have to choose between hair and face because I like them both!

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. That is similar to what some people say about minoxidil. Hopefully, we don't have to choose between hair and face because I like them both!
The effect of pge2 analogs on skin is real. It takes some time to show up, but they inhibit something important for collagen synthesis, but i don't recall the name of the enzyme

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The effect of pge2 analogs on skin is real. It takes some time to show up, but they inhibit something important for collagen synthesis, but i don't recall the name of the enzyme
Could this happen internally too, hypothetically then?