Castor oil probably does not offer any benefit orally

Soviet Youth

Reaction score
According to a study on a castor oil-diet on the synthesis of pge2 in pregnant rats (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11263183), the only areas where increased pge2 content was recorded were in the portal vein, and intestinal mucosa, and there were NO observed significant changes in the peripheral blood of the rats. What this means is that the increase in pge2 is only isolated to affecting the intestinal region as the portal vein is the vein located within the stomach region and intestinal mucosa is obviously the mucus within the intestine region. This is further iterated by the fact that the levels of pge2 in the peripheral blood id not change, which illustrates that it is a local change as peripheral blood is basically the blood that is responsible for transporting nutrients throughout the body (i.e to the scalp). Therefore, it would be logical to conclude that the scalp receives little to no increase in pge2 from ORAL consumption of castor oil.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lol Robot Hair. Putting it on the scalp overnight is an absolute nightmare. Try that if you live with a woman or significant other, you'll get slapped.

Soviet Youth

Reaction score
Lol Robot Hair. Putting it on the scalp overnight is an absolute nightmare. Try that if you live with a woman or significant other, you'll get slapped.

Either way, that is probably the only way you will be able to increase the expression and level of pge2 on your scalp, and even that is not confirmed by anything except bro science.

robot_hair

Reaction score

I do it, and yes it sucks. I put a doo-rag on my head to protect my pillow and girlfriend. Luckily I am not a victim of domestic abuse. (yet)

As hilarious as you think your quote may be, the objective reality is that I use oral castor oil anyways and have been for the past three weeks, so no it is not that I am afraid of "pooping".

Well, I am a little afraid of pooping. I eat castor oil anyway though because it is cheap and easy. My joke was to set off the downer nature of your post. And I am hilarious.

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score

Nope, my partner doesn't mind.
...because I go to bed after she is fast asleep on those days :laugh:

Btw, warm up the oil in a china/stone bowl on the hob for easy application and it will flow like water. But will thicken up fast as it cools.