Cava's Story - (23 /question about products & thinning hair)

cava

Reaction score
Hi, I am a 23 year old male with long hair past my shoulders but in the last year I've noticed it has thinned out and not in any obvious patches, it seems to be all over. I used to have very thick hair!

I've looked at hair loss treatments like minoxodil and propecia but I've notcied that people who are receding usually use that stuff. I am not receding or showing any signs of balidng I'm just thinning a lot! I'd really appreciate the advice of what I could do because I figure that maybe the right remedy could work for be being young and not too bad with the actual hair loss. I'm only asking because I really don't know who to ask about this!

This photo is of my scalp after a shower when its most obvious.

DSCN3771.jpg

cava

Reaction score
Avery said:
Finasteride, minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo.

Yeah? reckon it would work well for someone like myself? And just using the minoxidil all over the scalp?

Reaction score
I'm no expert but I think finasteride alone can work well for you. You seem to have the female thinning pattern. Maybe try 0.25mg/day and see what it does over 5-6 months?

gsxr1000

Reaction score
Hi Im in the same situation as you, but my hair as thinned out a lot more. Where can you buy this shampoo?

Petchsky

Reaction score
I'd just go on the finasteride and nizoral for now mate, do you have any scalp inflammation? if so, use some copper peptides, hang fire on the minoxidil for now, you can always add it later if needed

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
I'd just go on the finasteride and nizoral for now mate, do you have any scalp inflammation? if so, use some copper peptides, hang fire on the minoxidil for now, you can always add it later if needed

I'd do this too.

No need for minoxidil yet (If you ever do) in my opinion. Use nizoral since you're going to be washing your hair anyway (I use Revita personally which contains copper peptides) and things should work out well for you.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep, finasteride and nizoral.

Reaction score
best thing you can do.... Cut your hair short. I had long hair half way down my back and thats when all of my hairloss happened. Since I cut it over a year ago it hasnt got any worse. Long hair, lots of combing and ponytails is too stressful on your hair follicles. You may not look metal anymore lol, but having short stylish hair is better than having no hair at all.

And as always recommended, get on propecia.