Cdubey's Story - (27 / dietary supplements)

cdubey

Reaction score
I was born in 83. I started noticing my hair fall out in 04. I tried several over the counter shampoos and conditioner mainly because I had itchy scalp and lot of dandruff. Nothing helped. The hair continued to fall. In 06 I went to Israel and finally went to a doctor. She did blood tests and found out that I had acute Vit b12 deficiency. (see pictures for the condition of my hair then). So I got shots and I gradually noticed that my hair is falling at a less alarming rate (ie., 200/day before it was much more like 500/day). I also realized that my diet it probably causing the problem and hence started going to the gym and eating a very healthy diet (no coke, chips, alcohol, ice-cream, etc).

Fast forward to 09. I lose around 100/day on the bad days or 20/day on the good ones. Recently I cut my hair short and have more good days and maybe a bad day in 3-4 weeks. Could be because my hair is a lot thinner now. Am on supplements (Vit B-complex, Biotin, Zinc).

The scalp still itches and have dandruff. Just order Nizoral 2%. Let us see if it helps.

So, I have lost hair mainly on top of my head (mid-scalp, front and crown) and the left side of my head looks slightly more worse than the right side. Is this male pattern baldness ? I don't have any family history (neither the mother's nor the father's side). The doctors say to use some over the counter shampoo to combat my itchiness and dandruff. Also, when I lose a strand most of the time it has some white dandruff like particle at the root. I have no idea what that is. Anyone here knows about it ?

Don't want to go into the long life commitment of finasteride or minoxidil. If I can maintain my hair at the current state with some slight regrowth on the left side and the top of the head I will be ok. Any suggestions ?

-Thanks,
CD

Attachments

• DSCF1831.JPG
    DSCF1831.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCF2004.JPG
    DSCF2004.JPG
    311.5 KB · Views: 186
  • TripNov0307 008.jpg
    TripNov0307 008.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 183
  • TABeach.jpg
    TABeach.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,179
  • DSCF2850.JPG
    DSCF2850.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCF2992.JPG
    DSCF2992.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCF3001.JPG
    DSCF3001.JPG
    321.5 KB · Views: 177

cdubey

Reaction score
Anyone ? Can you even say if it is male pattern baldness ??

Regards,
-Cdd a flirty ‘you lose if...’ to the game and watch ho

Raskolikov

Reaction score
Your hair does not look bad to me. I think it might be normal to freak out a little about hair. If you start to look at other people you will notice that almost everyone has a "mature" hairline, meaning that the hair goes back a bit at the side. Since i started freaking out about my hair i really started to notice that. If i was in your shoes, and i sort of am, i would just keep an eye on it. Do you have a reg barber? If you do ask him what he thinks and every time you go for a haircut ask him how your hair looks.