celery's story (with pics)

celery

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just discovered the forum yesterday and it's good to see so many people in the same boat as me.

After reading so many rave reviews about the new Rogaine Foam, I've decided to give it a try starting tonight. I'm in my late 20s, and my hair loss has been very gradual temple recession over the last decade or so, and my hair seems pretty thick in other areas (knock on wood). I'm hoping I can nip this thing in the bud, and maybe by the male pattern baldness really kicks in they'll have a true "cure".

Here's my before pic - any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

1.jpg

2.jpg

RaginDemon

Reaction score
maybe you should consider doing all of the big 3

together they are more powerful as anti-male pattern baldness tools.

celery

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
maybe you should consider doing all of the big 3

together they are more powerful as anti-male pattern baldness tools.

I picked up Nizoral 1% and am going to start that every other day. I ordered a four month supply of Rogaine Foam on ebay - it was $50 plus shipping. I'll be starting that as soon as it gets here.

As far as the third part of the "big 3", I'm assuming you mean Finpecia. Do I need a prescription for that in the US?

celery

Reaction score
I hate the way my hair looks without some sort of product on it. I am concerned that if I apply gel and water AFTER the foam, I'll rinse away the mino and it will lose some effectiveness. To complicate matters, I only apply Rogaine to the effected area (front) and the gel everywhere. Any thoughts on this?

If it matters, I've been using Aussie brand gel for years. I like the shine it gives me, it's cheap and holds the hairs I've got left in place :) I would be willing to switch if anyone has suggestions.

celery

Reaction score
Well, I've decided to drop the gel, and am just going to use the Rogaine as my styling product.

Here's a pic I took today, 7/5/07, 3 days into my regime:

1-1.jpg

Rogaine Foam 2x/day
Nizoral 1%, 2x/week

G

You aren't gonna see anything after 3 days but i assume you know that.

And you should consider another hair style. Even if you had no recession that is a 45 year old haircut.

celery

Reaction score
JayMan said:

And you should consider another hair style. Even if you had no recession that is a 45 year old haircut.

I'm not expecting results after 3 days (or 3 weeks for that matter). I realize this is a long-term project. I took the pic as a baseline, without gel.

That's how my hair naturally grows - any suggestions on what I should do with it? I generally just tell the barber "number 2/3 on the sides, long enough to comb on top".

G

celery said:
I'm not expecting results after 3 days (or 3 weeks for that matter). I realize this is a long-term project. I took the pic as a baseline, without gel.

That's how my hair naturally grows - any suggestions on what I should do with it?

You don't have to side part it like that though man. That is a n old man's haircut as I said. Just comb it forward or slick it back or something. I'd try combing it forward.

Or try buzzing it to an inch all over. That'd prob look good. And as someone else said, look into finasteride(Propecia, PRoscar, Finpecia, Fincar, whatever). You need a prescription for it if you wanna buy it at a US pharmacy, or you can get it online from a site like inhousepharmacy or unitedpharmacy

Good luck

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:

why? foam is giving you results after a week or so?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
celery said:

That's how my hair naturally grows - any suggestions on what I should do with it?

You don't have to side part it like that though man. That is a n old man's haircut as I said. Just comb it forward or slick it back or something. I'd try combing it forward.

Or try buzzing it to an inch all over. That'd prob look good. And as someone else said, look into finasteride(Propecia, PRoscar, Finpecia, Fincar, whatever). You need a prescription for it if you wanna buy it at a US pharmacy, or you can get it online from a site like inhousepharmacy or unitedpharmacy

Good luck

Didnt you have a similar cut where you had it parted on the side?

G

hair today gone tomorrow said:
Didnt you have a similar cut where you had it parted on the side?

YES, and do you know how many comments i got from people? Hey old man, hey thats an old mans haircut. I ditched it after a week.

G

why? foam is giving you results after a week or so?

i feel like it is but common sense tells me it's impossible and i'm seeing/imagining things. i don't really think it's possible

celery

Reaction score
Well, I got a haircut. I told the lady and I wanted "an inch and a quarter buzz" and she looked at me like I was crazy. So instead, I got short on the sides, just enough to comb on the top.

IM000736.jpg

I think I've had this haircut so long, I don't know any other. I may try to buzz it down myself after it grows out a bit.

Anyways, I'm hoping to order my fincar tonight from inhousepharmacy, completing my big3 trilogy. Wish me luck!

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
celery said:
Well, I got a haircut. I told the lady and I wanted "an inch and a quarter buzz" and she looked at me like I was crazy. So instead, I got short on the sides, just enough to comb on the top.

IM000736.jpg

I think I've had this haircut so long, I don't know any other. I may try to buzz it down myself after it grows out a bit.

And a face shot for those who are curious.

IM000739.jpg

Anyways, I'm hoping to order my fincar tonight from inhousepharmacy, completing my big3 trilogy. Wish me luck!

You should go to your doctor and talk to him/her about finasteride first...

celery

Reaction score
You should go to your doctor and talk to him/her about finasteride first...

OK, will do...I've just read such positive things about inhousepharmacy on here, that I figured I'd just go with it. I get regular checkups and blood tests as is. I've also read of plenty of people who just went ahead and ordered it.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
3 days wont make ANY difference man. You need 3 months. GL!