Cernimoz's Story(21 / going crazy)

cernimoz

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm not very good in english so please be patient with me.
I noticed shedding from april to august this year (losing from 100 to 150 hair a day) so i become very obsessed with my hair and with any signs of balding (I noticed low density on crown) . After that I lose around 40 hair daily, but i still can't get that out of my head, so I'm asking you for advice.

Family:
Father: Norwood 3v with low density on top
Uncle on my mom's side Norwood 3v
Grandfather on my mom's side Norwood 5 (? - not alive anymore)
Grandfather(80) and uncle(47) on my father's side Norwood 2
Grandmother on my mom's side has difuse thining at 74

Now I am using nizoral 2% shampoo every 3 days otherwise no treatment yet.
I'm not worried for my hairline (yet) but for my crown area.

What about finasteride and sport? I noticed that it isn't banned by WADA anymore (from 1.1.2009). Does it affect performance in endurance sport? And side effects - how dangerous are they?

There are some pictures. If you want I can also post older ones (from june - just hairline, and some few years old) and macro photos of scalp at problematic areas.

[attachment=1:1suym11g]PB206075.JPG[/attachment:1suym11g]
[attachment=2:1suym11g]PB206082.JPG[/attachment:1suym11g]
[attachment=3:1suym11g]PB206081.JPG[/attachment:1suym11g]
[attachment=0:1suym11g]191120091997.jpg[/attachment:1suym11g]

Attachments

• PB206081.JPG
    PB206081.JPG
    289.3 KB · Views: 182
  • PB206082.JPG
    PB206082.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 184
  • PB206075.JPG
    PB206075.JPG
    693.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 191120091997.jpg
    191120091997.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 179

WhatYouEgg

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: cernimoz's story(21/going crazy)

you have the SAME EXACT HAIR as me. it's absolutely scary. it's straight, and fine. to be honest, I don't think the crown is a problem yet. i've had the same thing my whole life; i was teased about my "bald spot" when I was 13, and I KNOW that wasn't Androgenetic Alopecia, because my hair is still pretty good.

at your age, I definitely had the same hair, even with that tiny spot. i'm 27 and it has not changed very much at all. I am a NW2 so my temples are a bit more recessed, and my crown is /slightly/ thinner, so I went on nizoral and rogaine.

to be perfectly honest, it looks just like a cowlick. in fact, my hair is definitely thinner than yours and even my derm said he felt it was just a cowlick.

i think only a minitaurization study is going to tell you if you are balding in the crown.

even if you aren't balding, though, feel free to use nizoral anyhow. it certainly can't hurt, and it will make your hair appear thicker.

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: cernimoz's story(21/going crazy)

Millions and millions of people take this drug every day for years. If you go to Merck web site and look at the data you will see it is safe and FDA approved. That's not easy to do unless your drug is safe.

Many men think they might turn into girls or be hurting there man hood and many other things but the research and clinical trials and data clearly indicates the percentages of side effects are very very low.

Now take a look at the post following mine and you will see many people who have problems with Propecia and think Merck and the FDA science are bogus. To that I say stick with the science not the 2 or 3 percent of people who can't tolerate the drug.

Interestingly enough, of those who can not tolerate it, none have yet proved they were permanently harmed by it.

But then again, there are people that think the cereal they ate causes this or that and therefore is not safe.

cernimoz

Reaction score
Thanks for your response.
I've forgotten to tell that my hair gets greasy very quickly, specially on the crown area. 24 hours after washing hair i should do it again, but normally I wait until next day.

There are 2 more photos, so we could make things more clear

[attachment=1:100htqbx]DSC01967.jpg[/attachment:100htqbx]

[attachment=0:100htqbx]201120092024.jpg[/attachment:100htqbx]

I can also post picture from the back of my head (as you say donor area) because I don't have much hair there either.

Should I talk to dermatologist?

Attachments

• DSC01967.jpg
    DSC01967.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 2,180
  • 201120092024.jpg
    201120092024.jpg
    906.1 KB · Views: 199

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
You look young, and I see no sign of male pattern baldness.

You have an amazing advantage which is that it is easier to keep your hair than to replace it.....if you just keep an eye on your hair!!

Another advantage you have is the knowledge that male pattern baldness is in your family and you also most importantly know that the moment you see hundreds of hair in the sink or comb, brush, or shower drain, then you will know your hair is loosing ground to DHT....ACT FAST! That"s when you JUMP ON THE finasteride (propecia etc.) FAST FAST FAST.

Now you can thank that cute little cowlick hair twist thingy on your crown and this forum for alerting you to all this knowledge you now have to keep your hair healthy.

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
The crown is ok, your hairline is suspicious, i can't tell for sure from these pics. Visit a good dermatologist, and keep an eye on it, don't stress over it much though. If you have male pattern baldness it's in very very early stage.

WhatYouEgg

Established Member
Reaction score
that hairline appearance is pretty normal for fine straight hair, too (i've had that my whole life). a derm visit can't hurt if you want to get peace of mind, but make SURE that they do something like a minitaurization study, if they just look at your head and shoo you off you'll be wasting your time

keep in mind though that at 21 your balding pattern, even under a microscope, may not be evident. imo just keep an eye on it, and take pics three, six, and twelve months down the line and go from there

cernimoz

Reaction score
Heeey! Thank you very much for your answers. You have done very much for my mental state. Otherwise I will take photos of my hair every month and if I found anything suspicous I will go to dermatologist. I hope he will take his time to deal with me and my problem.

Does exercise help fighting male pattern baldness? I do about 800hrs per year mostly endurance and power.

Today I washed my head after 3 days and found 220 hair in the sink. :dunno: I hope that isn't too much.

I will try not to bother you as long as possible :innocent:

Have a nice day

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
"normal" exercise is good for the body and therefore hair. Exercise is only a problem if you are like some of the men on the weight lifting forums who are constantly obsessed with upping their Testosterone level and do so aggressively by various means. They even tout high levels of DHT is good for them! This increase in DHT (the "masulinity hormone"), will give you more manly features, hair on the body and a bald scalp. Testosterone builds muscle not DHT. Now just how much of an increase in DHT one (you) can have before you damage scalp hair follicles and trigger premature male pattern baldness varies in individuals sensitivity to DHT.

Is it worth the risk? Most males produce good levels of testosterone but it seems today that many feel they can't get enough. Actually most just need a more practical lifestyle, diet, and a better understanding of resting and natural body hormone cycles.

cernimoz

Reaction score
Ok, small update:
Today I've spent about 100$ to get an opinion form dermatologist. 100$ for 10minutes :woot:
He looked at my head and said that I'm starting to lose hair on my forehead. Diagnose: Alopecia androgenetica incipiens
When my alopecia will become more noticeable I should start using minoxidil 5% foam once every day. He also said that minoxidil is a DHT inhibitor :dunno:
Ok, I don't agree with that, bacause I want to maintain what I have and not lose it and then try to regrow.
If I'll find time I'll post some new pictures tommorrow
What about Revivogen? Does it work, any experience anyone?

have a nice day :innocent:

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
"He also said that minoxidil is a DHT inhibitor".

WHAT!!!!

This guy is a derm.? MIN. is a growth stimulator.

Just get on finasteride if and when you see your hair going south.

cernimoz

Reaction score
Ok, some pictures as I promised...
[attachment=1:2bcox47u]P1148556.JPG[/attachment:2bcox47u]
[attachment=3:2bcox47u]P1148558.JPG[/attachment:2bcox47u][attachment=2:2bcox47u]P1148559.JPG[/attachment:2bcox47u][attachment=0:2bcox47u]14012010_04.JPG[/attachment:2bcox47u]

Any opinion about revivogen?

Attachments

• P1148558.JPG
    P1148558.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 162
  • P1148559.JPG
    P1148559.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 180
  • P1148556.JPG
    P1148556.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 14012010_04.JPG