CG77's Story - (24 / Is it as bad as it looks?)

CG77

Reaction score
Hey everyone,just joined tonight after spending thanksgiving with my family and quite a few people pointing out that I was balding really bad.I knew iwas thinning out so when I got hom e I took some pictures of the back of my head and I think I've been really oblivious because it looks horrible!I'm only 24 and feel like I'm really starting to go bald.Do you guys think it's bad hairloss for my age or do you think I have a chance of growing it all back.I've shaved my head bald a few times before and it looks really good on me,but ideally I'd like to have hair as long as possible.Is this something you think I could hide better if my hair were longer?So honestly, how bad is it

IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 24 years Old (Is it as bad as it looks?)

Your hair loss has progressed very far, and the meds won't do you much good (unless you're in the 0.1% that gets absolutely fantastic results, and even then you won't be able to grow everything back, far from it). You want my honest opinion? Shave it and move on. You've already shaved it and liked it, so save yourself the money and shave your head. IMO there's really no point in starting treatments (unless you're satisfied with little to moderate improvement), because they'll probably end up being a waste of money for you.

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score

i wouldnt give up just yet. Yes, its pretty advanced hairloss for 24, but it wouldnt hurt to just get some minoxidil and start applying it. I say get on minoxidil and use for a year...if you dont like the results you're seeing then i would let it go.

CG77

Reaction score

Wow,didn't realize my hairloss was that advanced.I did try rogaine once for like 4 months and didnt get any results that I noticed.I don't think many guys look good with shaved head,but I'am definitly in the small percentile that pulls it off really well.What norwood would you guys think I'am right now, or ehading into?Thanks again for the help

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score

You're a Norwood IV, more or less.

It's great that you pull it off, and you do indeed seem to have a nice head shape. Just shave it and move on bro, trust me. You're better off doing that than wasting money and time on products that probably will only yield minimal results, if any.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

Growing it longer won't look good at this stage. Short/buzzed or shaved is the only way to go.

If you wanted you could do minoxidil 2x a day + finasteride or dutasteride. You might see some results. Maybe stop loss and fill in decently what you have, but you're gonna have to decide if it's worth it to you.

G k

Established Member
Reaction score

I believe you have hope.

Sure your hairloss is advanced, but I would guess you lost most of it in a short ammount of time?

If the hairloss is "fresh" you have a chance of regrowing the lost hair. It takes multiple years for the hair follicles to phase out and completely die. You have a chance of resurrecting them and having some serious regrowth if you use rogaine propecia and nizoral shampoo.

Good luck man!!

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I would get on the Big 3 if I were u, its not a difficult regimine to maintain.

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
There's always a chance. I had less frontal recession than you, but similar diffusion on top of head and in 8 months, I am well on the way to full recovery. And I'm OLD! LOL... 39 as of yesterday, my Bday!

See my thread and pics in this section... RSR38 story....

CG77

Reaction score
How much longer do you think I have till I lose everything on top?I mean,I had a full head of hair when I was 20 and here I'am at 24.Thanks again for all the responses

Nene

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Your hair loss is very advanced especially considering your age. I would guess you only have 3 years until you're completely bald and I would say your chances of recovery are slim. You might maintain and thicken your crown a little but I wouldn't expect too much more. Given you're positive attitude about how you look bald, I would simply embrace the bald look and move on. If you were utterly depressed about your hair, I would say to give the meds a chance, but since you're taking it well, my advice is that all the money and hassle of a hair loss regimen is not worth it.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think Nene pretty much nailed it.The only reason why I decided to treat my hair loss was because it made me look old,worn out,less attractive to my eyes and to the opposite sex and I had other problems like awful skin,excessive facial hair and body hair.

I tried a buzz cut at 18 and it totally didn't suit me.In many ways I am glad I went on treatments as I am able to grow my hair to a longer length and still appear alright,my skin seems to have become a tad better[I guess finasteride's dealing with my acne problems].

The main reason why I couldn't accept going bald was I could never ever look cool with a shaved head.