Ch2's Story - (27 / Norwood 3/4 Starting Big 3)

ch2

Reaction score
Hi,

Im 27 and have toyed with dealing with my hairloss since I was 18. I have tried various herbs, solutions, and potions, including all the usual things you can buy from herb stores and Revivogen. Whether they have slowed down my hairloss is hard to tell, but it has gotten to the point where I have to shave my hair down, so have commenced on the big 3 + spironolactone... sort of. I actually used Rogaine foam for a year and brought in Nizoral 1% and spironolactone since December 2009.

I kicked off on finasteride on about April 20 2010.

I was taking a 1mg propecia daily ut experienced a week with sides, so after some research cut down to 0.5mg every other day. The sides seemed to have gone away.

Here are my baseline photos taken maybe 2 weeks in.

I'm Optimistic because the crown while having a large bald spot is completely covered in quite long white hairs, and I think under finasteride they could turn terminal

My hairline I think I could gain a cm or so there, and my temples again there is a blonde shadow around all of that.

Comments welcome

Attachments

• Photo0235.jpg
    Photo0235.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 575
  • Photo0234.jpg
    Photo0234.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,491
  • Photo0236.jpg
    Photo0236.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 626

joshua88

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 27 Norwood 3/4 Starting Big 3

You started a little bit late. Remember it's a lot easier to keep the hair you already have, than to regrow new hair.

You might also consider using thickening sprays and/or Toppik.

In any case, good luck with your regime!

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

Yeah you could be a miracle story (there are a few) but I doubt you'll see completely satisfactory results. At best with finasteride + minoxidil you might regrow your crown to an acceptable level but I doubt your hairline will ever move forward.

Good luck though.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

TheGrayMan2001 said:
Yeah you could be a miracle story (there are a few) but I doubt you'll see completely satisfactory results. At best with finasteride + minoxidil you might regrow your crown to an acceptable level but I doubt your hairline will ever move forward.

Good luck though.

Yes, I think that if you want satisfactory results you will have to go for a transplant in 2 years. The big 3 don' t do miracles, they can strengthen your dying hair and mantain all, but they don' t plant a forest on the desert.
Maybe that if your bald crown is full of dying hair and you are a very good responder you will see a miracle on your crown but I' m a bit skeptical.
While the hairline just looks like desert to me and I think you have no other option than a transplant if you want to recover a decent hairline.
But before the transplant it' s better to wait for finasteride to reach the peak of its effects (about 2 years I would say).