Changed to a new minoxidil formula=big shed

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Yesterday i´ve just started using Polaris labs NR-07 (you can check for the product here http://www.polarisresearchlabs.com/nr-07.php and this morning when i applied it again on my head i had lots of hairs in my hand.

I´ve been using propecia for one month now but i feel it´s a coincidence that i had a big shed right when i started a new treatment even though i have been using minoxidil products since August last year and although i always had hairs in my hand after i applied today i was scary.

I´m aware this can happen but when i used products that leave the hair a bit greasy like Xandrox 15% and now Polaris more hairs fall out.

Can this be because of the Azelaic acid that both products contain?
Or did i start a shed very early?

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Well,lots of hairs are coming off on my hand after i apply Polaris in the morning. Since i also use it before going to bed i don´t wash my hair and apply Polaris.

It has been 5 days since the start of the treatment that i´m having this crazy shed but every article i read about shedding is that it´s possible it can start right away but the truth is that i´m a bit upset with this.

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
The shedding hasn´t stopped yet and i´ve noticed that most of the hairs that fall off are the bigger ones.

It´s not the best thing i wanted to see when starting a new treatment. Can anyone shed some light about this?

NeedHair247

Reaction score
Hello
My advice is, your going to have to keep at it
Shave your head as it really helps keep the stress down, you wont have to look at all the hairs in your hand

I just started finasteride about a week ago and I started shedding a lot more than usual. I am only losing hair at the front portion of my head!

You have to keep at it for at least 4-6 months before you can figure anything out.

I am assuming you use Nizoral or Revita as well

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah i´m sticking with it for the time being,hopefully it will stop but i´m a bit surprised that it started right after the treatment.

I know that Polaris has lipospheres which makes the product absorb even more through the scalp so perhaps i´m feeling the effects of it.

I´m using 1mg propecia and revita shampoo also.

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel polaris is eating my hair away and nowhere near to a stop. Oh well...

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a little update:

I´ve gone from nw2 to nw3 in a matter of a month,damm!

In two weeks i will shave my hair but i will still keep using the meds to see if in a few months i can get hair back or else this shedding may not be worth it,if not then i´m done with it.

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Well,this is scary.

The amount of hairs i catch in me hand every morning is scary and i feel i´m going through a telegen effluvium case of hair loss.

Reading a few articles on this cause it says to drop the underlying cause which for me has to be Polaris Minoxidil. Or can it be Revita shampoo or even Propecia?

I don´t know what to do and watching my vertex develop a bald spot in a mather of one month makes me want to drop minoxidil but i read conflicting reports from people saying to keep the treatments or else i will have no gain for the lost i´m having.

But if this is causing a big shed why should i keep going? I´ve never lost this amount of hair when using other minoxidil products.

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Googeled the product and found out that it contain this:
adenosine , minoxidil, apple polyphenol, azelaic acid, oleanolic acid, biocert serenoa repens, mineral complex, vitamins b-1,b-6, b-12, plus l-isoleucin, l-alanine, l-leucine, l-argeginine, l-proline, amino acids and low levels of acolhol

Kinda heavy ingredient list from what i understand. Maybe you are allergic to any of the stuff? Try a plain 5% minoxidil from some months and see if anything improves. While you keep your propecia and shampoo

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i think i will do that. My POlaris is at the end so i think i will discontinue it.

I remember i´ve tried plain 5% minoxidil and propecia a few years ago for about 1 year but it wasn´t doing nothing for me so i´ve droped it and never used anything since. Maybe i made a mistake and should have waited more time but i wasn´t that confident with a light treatment so here i am now trying a strong treatment to see if anything god comes for me.

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok,i think i made a good decision in dropping Polaris. I don´t get that many hairs when combing or applying minoxidil. I´m now using generic minoxidil 5%.

The bad thing is that i´ve lost lots of hair this past month that i don´t know if i´m going to recover them but will keep the treatments going.