changing minoxidil %

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on 5% minoxidil for the past 3 years.. Is it likely that the only benefit i will recieve from it now is maintance of minoxidil hairs?

I have lost a lot of hair in the past year... Be it male pattern baldness, Telogen Effluvium, propecia shed.. and need to regrow.. Would you suggest i change my nightime app of minoxidil to Xandrox 15? any suggestions would be appreciated..

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
jfrank said:
I have been on 5% minoxidil for the past 3 years.. Is it likely that the only benefit i will recieve from it now is maintance of minoxidil hairs?

I have lost a lot of hair in the past year... Be it male pattern baldness, Telogen Effluvium, propecia shed.. and need to regrow.. Would you suggest i change my nightime app of minoxidil to Xandrox 15? any suggestions would be appreciated..

Hey J - I'm in the same boat as you - don't really seem to be responding to minoxidil - but keep using it so things don't get worse.

I have shaken things up a bit recently, like:

xandrox15 before bed (4 - 5 x per week) since last January;
Ozbrew on the weekends since last January;

and just recently started applying a thin coat of retin-a cream to my scalp 2 -3 x per week, and , adding MSM + L-arginine to my xandrox15;

You could consider options like the ones above, or try xandrox 5% first, or going w/ a pre-formulated minoxidil w/ retin-a.