Charlie's Story 21 (PICS)

Chaaalieboy

Reaction score
Soup, guys.

My hairline started receding when I was about 18. Nothing too terribly noticeable, but lately it's been getting a lot worse; In the last 8 months or so, I've seen my hair start thinning even faster. My family is pretty brutal about this kind of stuff, so I'm made very aware of how it's been thinning. I decided to do something about it because i want my hair to be the way it used to.

I've been taking for the last 6 weeks:
0.5mg a day of Dutasteride
1mg a day of Finasteride
and using Minoxidil 5% twice a day.

I'm starting to notice the harline has come down maybe half a centimeter since i started, and the hair on top looks thicker.

How long do you guys think it'll take to grow it all back? 6 months? A year? I hope that i decided to do something early enough that it's not too bad.

Pic# 1 is of my hair at 18, and pics number 2&3 is from just before i started my treatment regimen. Pics #3&4 is from tonight (i shaved my head to be able to apply the minoxidil better)

(excuse the shitty photos and the stupid mask thing. they were all i could find on the flikr editor)

2946804412_e9bee37e73.jpg

2946802044_7dab4d3540.jpg

2946809056_88212263d5.jpg

2946806032_366d74f401.jpg

2946780892_cd2dbc2e8f.jpg

Smaja

Reaction score
Well it's hard to tell cause of lighting etc but your hairline definitely looks much improved. Also the buzz looks much better than that combover type style you had.

Improvement usually levels out at about a year and from then on the tratments just help you maintain really. Results in just 6 weeks means more good things to come but it is unlikely it will all grow back unless you are one of the very few extremely lucky guys.

Chaaalieboy

Reaction score
Jeez... a combover? I didn't have a combover at all... LOL. Thats kind of embarassing.

Well that sounds good. I hope I'm one of the extremely lucky ones.

Smaja

Reaction score
Sorry man combover was the only word that came to mind. I just meant that side parting, it can add volume and it's popular among guys who are thinning but I think it makes people look older.

Dan_NW2

Reaction score
I agree. Your lucky you have "the thickness" I didnt see a comb over effect at all in your pics. My hair is slightley similar when I wore it long, when i was able too : ( and the natural growth pattern is a sideways kind of swirl where the only way I could comb it was sideways.