cheap tea tree oil shampoo idea

CCS

Reaction score
instead of paying for tea tree oil shampoo, I'm thinking of buying a 2oz bottle of pure tea tree oil an mixing 1/2 or 1/4 teaspoon of it with my generic baby shampoo. I also heard you can get cheap 1% nizoral at walmart in big bottles, or maybe it is a generic version.

I'm also thinking of breaking open some of my grapeseed extract powder capsules and putting some of the powder in my shampoo or my minoxidil. Any thoughts on that? Maybe safflower oil or some borage seed oil (expensive) in my minoxidil will make it evaporate slower for better penetration and also make it less drying and surfacting.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
You can get a humongous bottle of Jason's Tea Tree Oil Shampoo for under 5$. http://www.vitacost.com/JasonShampooTeaTreeOil

You can still make your own - but why bother?

Old Baldy adds Grapeseed Extract to his minoxidil at a 2% soultion.

collegechemistrystudent said:
instead of paying for tea tree oil shampoo, I'm thinking of buying a 2oz bottle of pure tea tree oil an mixing 1/2 or 1/4 teaspoon of it with my generic baby shampoo. I also heard you can get cheap 1% nizoral at walmart in big bottles, or maybe it is a generic version.

I'm also thinking of breaking open some of my grapeseed extract powder capsules and putting some of the powder in my shampoo or my minoxidil. Any thoughts on that? Maybe safflower oil or some borage seed oil (expensive) in my minoxidil will make it evaporate slower for better penetration and also make it less drying and surfacting.

eliazush

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Jason's Tea Tree shampoo is cool....I order it from Raztac, he also sells it under his brand. It's very gentle, consisting no sodium laurath sulphate. However, the concentration of the tea tree is rather LOW. It's diluted by many other oils and herbs. I personally use the australian body company where the concentration is very nice.

Good luck

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
eliazush said:
Hi,
Jason's Tea Tree shampoo is cool....I order it from Raztac, he also sells it under his brand. It's very gentle, consisting no sodium laurath sulphate. However, the concentration of the tea tree is rather LOW. It's diluted by many other oils and herbs. I personally use the australian body company where the concentration is very nice.

Good luck

I also use Jason's and love it. I have a small bottle of 100% Pure tea tree oil (also Jason's brand) and recall reading somewhere is that all it takes is 3 drops of the oil added to any shampoo for ideal concentration. Maybe I'll add a drop of oil or 2 to my existing tea tree oil shampoo.

CCS

Reaction score
as expensive as it is, i'll just put it in my shampoo. I put a cap full in 15 oz. it turned the shampoo white. i hope that is not too strong. I'll be careful not to get it in my eyes.

oh, and walmart did not have nizoral. i asked a lady stocking shampoo if there was any, and she did not know english. so I asked the pharmacist, and she ordered it for me.