Check my sad story..

itarium

Reaction score
Hi folks.

Let me introduce myself first, my name is Itar am 23 years old male. My hair started thinning when I was about 17 years old. In 5 years I saw thousands of my hair going down but didn't care much.

I always had the impression that my hair loss is due to my family tree. As my mother's and father's side of family got hair loss in all males :eek:nfire:. Therefore, I had no option but to accept it until there is a good treatment. When I started noticing how much no hair I have, that's when I started thinking about treatment, a bit late though.

My doctor says I'm in cross of NW4-5, yet I remember that morning when I started feeling my scalp, I could sense how soft was my vertex and crown area. That's when I cut my hair and noticed how bad it is. Most areas were flat and soft to touch, almost no hair or just little white hairs.

That's when I shaved my hair and kept waiting for a week to observe how my hair grow, it was very bad as MBP was so visible, that's when I hit my doctor office and asked for treatment, he gave me finasteride and minoxidil and said don't expect to get all of it back.

Lot's of people told me that I don't have any hair left, specially on my temple and vertex area. And hair transplant is my only option. Yet right now I would try what's easy to grab.

1 week after shave baseline: 1 week post shave baseline.jpg

1 week after minoxidil: 1 week post minoxidil.jpg

Aug:aug.jpg

Sep:sep.jpg

6 months post treatment:6 months.jpg

Finally, please share with me your impressions of my results.

Cheers.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
This story isn't that sad. Looks like you are making a pretty nice recovery. Keep it up.

Ratha

Reaction score
Similar case to myself. I'm also 23 with advanced hair loss (norwood 6) with very thin vertex. I have posted my story but doesn't seem to have been moderated yet (anyone know how long this process takes?). Actually quite a relief (sorry) to come across someone my own age with a balding vertex as its rare. I too fear that I have left it too late for treatment to work. But I'm willing to really give it a go. Your progress is looking solid. Gives me some hope for the vertex. What treatments are you using??

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
Definitely an improvement, that most likely will get better over the next year or so. Your hair looks good when buzzed.

Theedge

Reaction score
yup you get to that point a bald head ALWAYs looks better then a thin head trying to look covered
shave it off man be proud . You do look like it working stick with it . remember once you do the transplant you LOOSE the fall back plan and that is to shave your head
and thats what everyone should always keep in mind .