check out this green tea shampoo

CCS

Reaction score
Not that I'm getting lazy trying to mix this up, but check this out:

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/product1 ... &subcat=20

Anyone want to email them and ask them how much GTE is in there, and what the percent EGCG is? 11oz for $9 is not too bad.

and the corn oil has beta sis.

says it is for oily hair.

RAKBS

Established Member
Reaction score
I just emailed them. I'll post their response, if I ever get one.

It looks like a good product though. Chamomille is also anti-inflammatory, which is good for someone like me.

CCS

Reaction score
My GTE powder is an aqueous extract. It still is powder, which is hardly just a cup of green tea.

And there is a lot of stuff besides chamomile in there that is good for hair.

I'd by it right now, but I'm thinking of letting letting green tea sit on my head for 5-10 minutes AFTER I get out of the shower. In addition to the GTE in my shampoo/body wash, of course. Price is my only reason. But for those of you who don't want to make your own, that looks like a very good shampoo.

Jacob

Reaction score
Elsom Research uses gte in their shampoo- Micellarin Green..one of my favorites. And in a topical or two..can also make your own topical there with the various ingredients they offer.

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Elsom Research uses gte in their shampoo- Micellarin Green..one of my favorites. And in a topical or two..can also make your own topical there with the various ingredients they offer.
Where do you buy this, and what are the other ingredients?

CCS

Reaction score
Jacob said:

Thanks for the info. I'm interested. I just wish they had alternatives to SLS.

Jacob

Reaction score
http://www.elsomresearch.com

They do have alternatives to SLS- if you're referring to having them make a custom one. Some things can also be requested, although there's no guarantee they'll be able to use it or get it for you. Spin traps are one I had added to my topical. I had caffeine added to my shampoo last time.

As for the ingredients of Micellarin Green..I don't have the bottle in front of me..would have to look that up tomorrow or so. I do remember it has rooibos in it..besides what they do mention on the website. They also use the "other" SLS..the "safer" one. Unless they've changed that recently.

I like that the tech they use, for the shampoo as well: "Mixed micelles are nano-formations, hybrids of micelles and liposomes."

CCS

Reaction score
OK, sounds good to me. Sodium Laureth Sulphate is just fine. It is the amonium stuff that is bad, and the Lauryl Suplphate that is bad.

They have spin traps? Good stuff. I'll have to buy some. I hope it is not over $15 a bottle though if I order 4.

Jacob

Reaction score
The shampoo does not contain spin traps, although you could probably ask to have it added- for extra $ of course. Just want to make that clear.

It's around $20 a bottle btw. A long time ago they had a buy one get one...I think that was before the shampoo was out though.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
OK, sounds good to me. Sodium Laureth Sulphate is just fine. It is the amonium stuff that is bad, and the Lauryl Suplphate that is bad.

I vaguely recall an old alt.baldspot post by Dr. Proctor in which he said he got so tired of having to answer questions from people about the "SLS" content of NANO Shampoo (not sure if he was referring to sodium lauryl, or sodium laureth, or perhaps both), he simply replaced it/them with the ammonium versions.

It says right here on an old bottle of NANO Shampoo:

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, etc. etc.

CCS

Reaction score
fun. The sodium is just a spectator ion, which is better than ammonium.

I don't mind there being laury sulphate as long as it is towards the end of the list. I look for shampoos with sodium laureth sulphate. It is better than any other detergent in most shampoos, and I now think that capric glucoside may be too weak for adults. I use baby shampoo EOD, so I should be fine.

CCS

Reaction score
Jacob said:
http://www.elsomresearch.com

They do have alternatives to SLS- if you're referring to having them make a custom one. Some things can also be requested, although there's no guarantee they'll be able to use it or get it for you. Spin traps are one I had added to my topical. I had caffeine added to my shampoo last time.

As for the ingredients of Micellarin Green..I don't have the bottle in front of me..would have to look that up tomorrow or so. I do remember it has rooibos in it..besides what they do mention on the website. They also use the "other" SLS..the "safer" one. Unless they've changed that recently.

I like that the tech they use, for the shampoo as well: "Mixed micelles are nano-formations, hybrids of micelles and liposomes."

I'd pay $20 for an 8oz shampoo if I thought nanosomes could get more GTE and apple poly into my scalp. But I just don't know. And I think my cheap shampoos will do a good enough job. Maybe I'll splerg once and use their best shampoo on one side of my head to see if there is a difference, but I don't know if I want to just yet. Maybe my shampoos will be good enough.

vq0

Established Member
Reaction score
i purchased the gt shampoo from aubrey because it is the only shampoo i have seen that does not have irritating ingredients. I will let u know if something special happens.

CCS

Reaction score
it is 1/3 the price of that Research site's stuff, and has better ingredients. Very tempting to buy. My GTE shampoo is so much cheaper though, but the fragrance really bothers me. Why do they all have to put one in there? Yuck.

Jacob

Reaction score
The ingredients for the Research stuff haven't even been posted yet :? (I thought I had another bottle..may have to order some again before I can post the ingredients..or will ask them) The Aubrey product does not use the tech mentioned either. And it contains alcohol, if it's the same one you're talking about.

Nanosomes do help with delivering substances..but also to allow for their being time-released.

I'd be willing to bet the Micellarin Green contains quite a bit more gte as well.

BTW..on spin traps: http://relentlessimprovement.blogspot.com/2006/03/spin-trap-shampoo-update.html

I'm thinking of having spin traps added to the shampoo in my next order. Either that or get the spin traps here http://store.nexternal.com/shared/Store ... =702491402 ....but then I'd rather spend that money on a bunch of products ready to go :freaked2: As I said earlier..I do have them in the one topical I had them make.

CCS

Reaction score
Jacob said:
The ingredients for the Research stuff haven't even been posted yet :? (I thought I had another bottle..may have to order some again before I can post the ingredients..or will ask them) The Aubrey product does not use the tech mentioned either. And it contains alcohol, if it's the same one you're talking about.

Nanosomes do help with delivering substances..but also to allow for their being time-released.

I'd be willing to bet the Micellarin Green contains quite a bit more gte as well.

BTW..on spin traps: http://relentlessimprovement.blogspot.com/2006/03/spin-trap-shampoo-update.html

I'm thinking of having spin traps added to the shampoo in my next order. Either that or get the spin traps here http://store.nexternal.com/shared/Store ... =702491402 ....but then I'd rather spend that money on a bunch of products ready to go :freaked2: As I said earlier..I do have them in the one topical I had them make.

interesting. I'm tempted to just buy a topical from them. Would it be 8 oz, or 2? For that price I mean.

Jacob

Reaction score
The topicals are 2oz(55g) They sometimes send a sample of another product- which can be another 2oz.