Chemical J's Story (UPDATED: June 2, 2009)

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been reading this site a lot lately just got started on Propecia about two weeks ago (almost) and am hoping for the best.

I've been balding since the age of 16 (two years ago) and I haven't receeded any further (always been a NW2-3)

Im hoping that while taking Propecia only it will help increase my hair count on my temples as im going to college soon - 7 Months.

I just started on Nizoral and L'oreal Vive Pro for men about a week ago.

What im wanting to know is if Propecia only will help rebuild my hairline, increase hair count on my temples?

I lose about 2-10 hairs a day on a bad day maybe 10-15 throughout the WHOLE day so I definitely have slowed down the hair loss process, but this was happening way before I started on Propecia (oh about 7-10 months ago).

I know my story doesn't sound too bad and its not really noticeable that im losing hair unless its wet or if the wind hits it since I style it a certain way.

Also since im really self-conscious about my hair I tend to brush it alot.

Is this bad to be brushing it a lot or not? Because I don't really lose that much hairs while brushing it maybe 1-3 Heh, Sometimes none.

Thanks for listening and answering my questions in advance.

*EDIT

This forum has boosted my confidence in fixing this hair loss I usually just nudged it off or didn't care, but now im starting to care and I have learned A LOT from this site alone about hair loss.

I get comments from people though, like, "You're balding." and I go directly to a mirror and check my hair and see how it looks etc. It just makes me mad that people make these sort of observations. Why can't they f*****g keep it to themselves? Who the hell knows. Anyways

I have gotten over that bump and don't care what people say about my hair because I am what I am.

Pics coming soon!

*UPDATE*
Here is the front of my head, probably not the BEST Picture as I moved all the hair over in the middle making it look like a complete mess lol:

NW2-2.5 imo:
dsc00118rp8.jpg

Here is the left temple which is less receeded then the right and better off atm:

dsc00114kd9.jpg

Here is the right temple receeded farther then left:

dsc00116xc6.jpg

My hair is weird and no one in my family has male pattern baldness Problems (only the oldies)

I have been on Propecia for 1 month upcoming to another week and Nizoral for 2 weeks upcoming to a month

I have been on MSM 2000mg, Vitamin C 1000mg for a week.

I have been on a Multi Vitamin for almost a year.

When to take the Rogaine step?

1-2 months? June?

*EDIT Also, YES I can hide it. Do I want to anymore? No. Especially since Its annoying going outside with the wind blowing on it then messing it up so you can see my recession so I'm doing something about this sh*t.

** MAY 19 2008 UPDATE **

Where I am at now!
n1295730628302611076756ka1.jpg

bopper

Reaction score
Re: Chemical J's Story

Chemical J said:
I have been reading this site a lot lately just got started on Propecia about two weeks ago (almost) and am hoping for the best.

I've been balding since the age of 16 (two years ago) and I haven't receeded any further (always been a NW2-3)

Im hoping that while taking Propecia only it will help increase my hair count on my temples as im going to college soon - 7 Months.

What im wanting to know is if Propecia only will help rebuild my hairline, increase hair count on my temples?

I lose about 2-10 hairs a day on a bad day maybe 10-15 throughout the WHOLE day so I definitely have slowed down the hair loss process, but this was happening way before I started on Propecia (oh about 7-10 months ago).

I know my story doesn't sound too bad and its not really noticeable that im losing hair unless its wet or if the wind hits it since I style it a certain way.

Is this bad to be brushing it a lot or not? Because I don't really lose that much hairs while brushing it maybe 1-3 Heh, Sometimes none.

*EDIT

This forum has boosted my confidence in fixing this hair loss I usually just nudged it off or didn't care, but now im starting to care and I have learned A LOT from this site alone about hair loss.

I get comments from people though, like, "You're balding." and I go directly to a mirror and check my hair and see how it looks etc. It just makes me mad that people make these sort of observations. Why can't they f****ing keep it to themselves? Who the hell knows. Anyways

I have gotten over that bump and don't care what people say about my hair because I am what I am.

Pics coming soon!

You might consider using a minoxidil product.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: Chemical J's Story

Chemical J said:

*EDIT

I get comments from people though, like, "You're balding." and I go directly to a mirror and check my hair and see how it looks etc. It just makes me mad that people make these sort of observations. Why can't they f****ing keep it to themselves? Who the hell knows. Anyways

Pics coming soon!

Good atttitude there man and well done for catching it early, you'll reap the rewards for doing so I'm sure. On the note about people commmenting about hairloss it's the same as when people point and say, "you've had a haircut"! Haha do they think we're completely oblivious to it considering we were the ones sitting in the hairdressers for an hour!?!

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
A little update...

My hair has grown a lot back...

Propecia has worked and I've only been on it for one month.

I've also been taking vitamin pills and MSM

This is great :)

Will keep you updated.

thinningontop

Reaction score
Re: Chemical J's Story (UPDATED: April 29th)

I don't know if this is gonna sound weird, but getting crude comment from other people was actually helpful to me, because I was "informed" about the balding. At least that is when I decided to do something about it.

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes that is correct.

Thats when I realized when I did and I am glad I caught it earlier...

But those comments become annoying when you already KNOW about it.

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
Updating this thread with new pics.

n1295730628301446745176dh9.jpg

n1295730628301475672523jx0.jpg

I'll take better pics of it since you can't really notice much in those pics if you guys want... you can compare or see the difference in my hair up above..

My hair is so much more healthier now... I love it. Plus since I have shaved my head no one has commented on anything about it, Im actually getting more girls too lol. :freaked2:

Anyways. Rogaine should soon kick in hopefully :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Girls love a clean shaved head 100x more than a combover

trust me, combover aint gonna help you hide sh*t...and girls will just laugh at you.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
i think you should apply some cream to your forehead...those wrinkles are not too attractive.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
a shaved head is very treatment friendly.

I love to keep my hair short, its just so easy to put on foam.

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
Shed incoming...

I hate sheds... but it doesn't do anything much noticeable to my hair... Only when I search and destroy!

Just those hairs falling = :freaked2:

less dandruff btw.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I am still shocked to see your wrinkles lol

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, in about every picture I posted on here besides one I raised my eyebrows for a certain facial expression lol.

Of course you're going to see wrinkles... But the one with the blue shirt on you don't see any because im not raising my eyebrows in that one, man im so confused.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Chemical J said:
Dude, in about every picture I posted on here besides one I raised my eyebrows for a certain facial expression lol.

Of course you're going to see wrinkles... But the one with the blue shirt on you don't see any because im not raising my eyebrows in that one, man im so confused.

haha i was just playing with you, short hair looks good on you bro

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
lol I hate you.

BLARGH been on propecia for 4 months. shedding. and it only shows if hairs really wet.