Chest hair transplants

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
To start off, I apologise if this has been posted before (I don't feel like wading thru 46 pages to find out).

http://surehair.com/chest-hair-transplants.htm

Have you guys seen this? If you don't have enough donor hair on your scalp, these guys will put your chest hair on your head!

I don't know how I feel about this. I mean, come on.........pubes on your head? I think I'd consider going bald. Seriously, pubes?

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Chest hair to scalp or bht as it is sommonly called is the new sunrise technology in hair transplants. It helps increase the total number of donor hair and is done without strip.
I know :) because I had it done.
Where did you find the link. I hacvent heard about the clinic before and there were no result pictures of bht on their site. If you want to choose the bht route, better wait and see results from the clinic before deciding.
There are very few doctors who know how to perform bht correctly.

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
I actually heard of this procedure in a magazine. It might have been a Maxim, FHM or Stuff magazine- I read all 3. I actually read this awhile back and this forum reminded me and I googled it. I didn't really research that site specifically, I just posted the first link I found.

By the way, I wasn't making fun of the procedure if that's what it looked like. I just know what MY chest hair would look like on my head :thumbsdown:

So how did that go for you? Do you have to keep it very short to avoid the curly "pubic hair" look from happening? If I did BHT I think I would want to use my neck hairs. It's a pain to shave them anyway and they would look good on my head!

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
Chest hair isn't pubes. I have straight chest hair. Not that I'd seriously consider this.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Neck hairs, or nape hairs are subject to thinning later in life making them an unreliable alternative.
Body hairs like the ones from the chest are thick hairs but are spaced much further apart from each other than the hairs on the head. So considering you have enough donor chest hair the end result should look great because those hairs will be placed much closer together, creating an acceptably natural looking density. As far as growing out that hair, I'd imagine that it would be impossible considering that body hair is programed to only grow a certain length.

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Neck hairs, or nape hairs are subject to thinning later in life making them an unreliable alternative.
Body hairs like the ones from the chest are thick hairs but are spaced much further apart from each other than the hairs on the head. So considering you have enough donor chest hair the end result should look great because those hairs will be placed much closer together, creating an acceptably natural looking density. As far as growing out that hair, I'd imagine that it would be impossible considering that body hair is programed to only grow a certain length.

I should've specified, I meant the neck hair in the front. Mine are very dark & thick. I have heard similar stories about nape hair, like you said. I've even heard that you eventually need new transplants later on because of more thinning.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
Tdevil said:
So how did that go for you? Do you have to keep it very short to avoid the curly "pubic hair" look from happening? If I did BHT I think I would want to use my neck hairs. It's a pain to shave them anyway and they would look good on my head!

Sometimes, I buzz my hair. Other times, I wear them long. Its looks natural both ways.
My chest hair is straight like my head hair. If your head hair is straight and chest hair kinky, then it may be an issue. No way the curly chest hair look natural in hairline.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
Tdevil said:
I should've specified, I meant the neck hair in the front. Mine are very dark & thick. I have heard similar stories about nape hair, like you said. I've even heard that you eventually need new transplants later on because of more thinning.

Neck hair in front = beard hair. Is that what you are talking about?

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
Rwt_Raj said:
Tdevil said:

Neck hair in front = beard hair. Is that what you are talking about?

Yep :mrgreen:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I swear if HM doesn't come out in say 7 years, I am going to say f*** it and get a combo of hair transplant and BHT since I am afraid I won't have enough donor by then to get a good result from hair transplant alone. Any new news on the HM front? I guess we will know by the end of the year.

s.a.f

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Any new news on the HM front? I guess we will know by the end of the year.
Yeah right !! :shakehead:
What year are you talking about 2050? :thumbdown2:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I heard phase 2 trial results will come out later this year. Am I wrong? :dunno: Could be. Not saying that it will be out by the end of the year, thats just daft but I think your 2050 projection is a little exaggerated S.A.F..

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems to me that there is more talk about Follica than HM lately. There are also others:

Matt27 said:
Yet another HM player.

What's the list up to now Chrome?? So far we have:

Intercytex
Aderans
RNL Bio
Taiwan University (although it sounds like this technology could potentially benefit any company seriously looking into HM)

Am I missing any??

michael barry said:
There is a company called Histogen in San Diego, and a group of Indian Clinics has a HM research project headed by the former president of the European Hair Research Society. A company called Phoenixbio used to be looking into HM, and a company named Shishedo used to be looking into HM also, but I dont know if either entity is still involved in research in the area or not because we haven't heard anything out of them for so long.

(Taken from here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=47540&p=453817#p453817)

There's also the possibility that the new ACell product could help to grow hair.

I think if one of these (or someone we haven't heard about yet) are on the right track and have the funds they need, it's not necessarily in their interest to shout about it long before they are ready to deliver. So a cure could be out relatively soon for all we know (or it could take 50 years).

s.a.f

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I heard phase 2 trial results will come out later this year. Am I wrong? :dunno: Could be. Not saying that it will be out by the end of the year, thats just daft but I think your 2050 projection is a little exaggerated S.A.F..
Yeah, you're right by 2050 we'll just be waiting for the results of phase 19 trials (part IV). :roll: Think about it, people have been talking about this for a decade and have you ever seen a photo of any results let alone an estimate of when its actually going to be available.
Does anybody know how many trials they're going to have? I can remember first coming on the forums in 2004 and hearing people say it'll definatley be here by 2005.
Not being pessimistic just being realistic I dont see it happening whilst you and I are in our 30's.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It is standard protocol for the FDA to require 3 phases in the development of any new drug, considering things go as expected. Of course there are many factors that work against this kind of progress, the biggest one to be concerned about is the suppression of independent research by the pharmaceutical goliaths who are imo the real villans in this story. The cobwebs forming in the Follicle cloning, HM and new techniques section has me a little concerned though.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Not being pessimistic just being realistic I dont see it happening whilst you and I are in our 30's.

No, you are not being pessimistic, you are being sarcastic.
HM or acell will come out when it will. Arguing here is not going to change their schedules.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Not trying to change their schedules, the point is its pointless reffering about it as a treatment until its actualy available. HM is the hairloss equivilent of alchemy.