Chillpil's Story - (23 years old, with pics)

Chillpil

Reaction score
Hey guys whats going on?I'm 23 years old and started noticing male pattern baldness at 19 years old.I shrugged it off a few years since it wasn't bad, just a receeded hairline and a small spot in my crown.In the last year, my hair has agressively thinned out and receeded a little more.I took pictures to show what the back of my head looks like and I feel like I'm by the looks of it a Norwood 6.These pics were taken a week ago and I was so upset with what i saw, I jsut went totally bald.I was at a meeting and there were mirrored celings and I caught a glimpse of my crown and it was shocking to see such a defined, large bald area.Judging by my pics, is my hair salvageable?A year and a half ago my hair was still pretty thick, but in this last year i think ive become a diffused thinner.I even have that"island" patch of hair on the front of my hairline.Judging by the photos, am I a norwood 6?IS my perception of how agressive my balding is accurate?Any help is appreciated.

100_0463.jpg

100_0777.jpg

100_0785.jpg

amsch

Reaction score
Re: 23 years old, with pics

Yes, you're unfortunately heading torwards a norwood 6.

You could try propecia + rogaine. As you lost your hair quite quickly, I think you'll be able to thicken up things a bit.

Chillpil

Reaction score
wow that sucks that I really am a norwood 6.I know everyone is different but how many years do you think I have till I'm a full blown norwood 6?

Chillpil

Reaction score
so do i just go to my physician and just ask them to perscribe me propecia for my male pattern baldness?Ive also been on minoxidil 5% for 5 weeks.Will that help me?Could the rogaine alone help restore my hair back?

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
the big three will more than likely thicken things up

look at some success stories to get an example
of the possibilities

could rogaine alone bring your hair back?
well yes and no
temporally it could bring "some hair" back
but since it doesn't counteract DHT from destroying the follicles
eventually more hair will atrophy due to DHT

finasteride and MIN work synergistically in harmony

2+3=7 sort of deal

Goatboxer

Reaction score
Interesting pics, the first one looks ok with just a bit of diffuse thinning. The one from the rear though shows a definite 'shape of things to come' with the norwood 6 pattern although the lighting is pretty harsh.
You already have pretty short hair, so I recommend cutting it a grade or 2 shorter and start on the big 3. I'd personally get rid of the beard too.

Chillpil

Reaction score
the first pic actually is old.its from february.the other two were from last week.The more i've been looking at these pics I feel like I might also be verging on a norwood 7.why do you say get rid of the beard goatboxer?And i'm currently shaved bald so I dont have to walk around with this hairloss

Goatboxer

Reaction score
It's just personal preference mate, I think when the hair on top becomes sparser than the beard hair, it becomes a bad look. But I think my views are in the minority so just do what you feel looks best.
How does it feel walking around shaved bald? If you can accept that, and be comfortable like that well you've pretty much won the battle. I bet you pull it off well.