Chinese remedies

Nene

Reaction score
Plenty of bald people in China, that's all you need to know.

BitchBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
I've heard some great things about caterpillar sh*t.

Try it out.

Post your results.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Apparently dog foreskins and scorpion eyeballs mixed into a paste with the urine from a pregnant sheep will cure baldness if you eat it on a Tuesday. The same paste eaten on a Thursday will bring you magical good fortune, and on a Saturday it will cure your phobia of frogs.

Probably...

brightside

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks, well they tell me (the Chinese medicine place) that 'results are guaranteed in two weeks'..

Apparently it consists of a tonic/serum that you apply to the scalp and you apply ginger as well (nice smell). It costs £38 and is '100% natural'..

I've read that ginger can increase the blood flow/follicle groth, but who knows what the serum is. I would have to check out the packaging and ingredients to see what it contains. It could well contain bear bile so it would be a no no for me, and it would be interesting to hear of any clinical trials. I doubt it.

Nene

Reaction score
BrightonBaldy said:
Plenty of bald people in the west too, is that all we need to know?

My point is that they don't have some secret remedy we don't have. They can't control their qi to keep their hair from falling out.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Thing is, snake oil companies and alternative "treamement" hawkers, love to push things as 100% natural as if it means something; it's all just bullcrap (possibly literally) in order to disguise the fact that they can make the wildest claims they want based on anecdotal results while raking in a fortune.

Asprin is also "100% natural" (it's made from white willow bark); it's sold as something that will cure a headache though, not some silly marketing nonsense.

Herbal remedy businesses love to make mad claims and pretend to be tree hugging good guys, while in reality the market is unregulated and worth £billions for just putting a few dried leaves and some cat saliva into a pot and calling it a natural cure.

Don't be fooled by the money machine pretending to be a warm fuzzy good guy :)

brightside

Established Member
Reaction score
I went in to the place out of curiosity. It's basically 101G Tonic Oil, along with some herbal supplements, and some cheap looking Shampoo that looks like a head and shoulders rip off. All of which is half the price on eBay.

I asked if there had been any clinical trials and they didn't know what to say.

http://www.zhang-guang.com/photo.html are the only before/after pictures I can find.

Don't think I'll bother.

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
I can assure you this is 100% bullshit. Those before and afters look like they were taken in the early 80s or something....

any product that claims it works in 2 weeks is full of sh*t... hair can not regrow from nothing in 2 weeks. The funny thing about these "natural" treatments is almost all of them claim to work within a month. Powerful drugs like finasteride and minoxidil take months and months to work..and you think some random herbs are going to do it in 2 weeks? yeah right.... they tell suckers that so after 2 weeks they'll look in the mirror and they'll convince themselves that its growing hair when really its not...its placebo...or...your hair is just 2 weeks longer lol