Chitown26's story

Chitown26

Reaction score
I'm a 21 year old male, and I suffer from hypopituitarism and hypothyroidism. I have been taking HGH and Synthroid for almost 3 years. I am almost convinced that my hair has been thinning since I started college, just around the time I had began taking those supplementations. My hair for sure has been receding at the corners, and it's been getting thinner near my bangs and crown. Every time I stroke my hair with my fingers, anywhere on my head, at least 3 or 4 hairs fall out and sometimes as many as 6 or 8. My father had a thick head of hair well into his 30s although suffers from male pattern baldness now at 60. I have been using Nioxin system 1 for a year now, and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I'm not sure if this is just one of those things that I suddenly start worrying about. I have an important actuarial exam coming up in a few weeks and that is causing some stress which could be contributing to the problem.

I'm currently taking a thyroid medication that only treats T4. I've read reports by Mary Shomon that it helps to take a combination of T3/T4 drugs to reduce hair loss and improve other areas of life that T4 drugs alone fail to do.

I plan to come to this forum often to read your thoughts and responses. Thanks.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
if your Thyroid problem is the reason of your hairloss, fixing that problem should at least halt your hairloss. However nobody can give you an confirmed answer unless you consult with a derm.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can you use finasteride and min with your medications?

Nioxin does not have any ingredients that help. I buy 2% Nizoral shampoo over the web since you cannot buy it locally here in Chicago.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
klink said:
Can you use finasteride and min with your medications?

Nioxin does not have any ingredients that help. I buy 2% Nizoral shampoo over the web since you cannot buy it locally here in Chicago.

Nioxin isn't really a anti-male pattern baldness shampoo...