Chopthemhorns's Story - (21,might be thinning and receding?)

chopthemhorns

Reaction score
I am 21 M and I think my hair might be receding or thinning. My mom always jokes about how I will go bald one day cause her dad is bald, so I have become kind of obsessed and paranoid with thinking I am going bald.

My hairline looks the same I think as it did when I was in high school, maybe a little recession. And I never looked at the base of my hair before, but a couple weeks ago I noticed that it might be thinner than usual. My gf and friends both disagree, but I started on some Nizoral 1% about 2 weeks ago and use it 2x per week.

Will this prevent me from losing any hair in the near future? And stop any recession of the hairline?

I tried to upload pics but the sit takes too long to upload them, is there a easy way to do so?

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Hi and welcome!! While there is no "cure" for balding it seems you caught things very early which is great. Yes, getting on treatments now will prolong your hair greatly. I have been on The Big 3 now for 5 years and am 38 and still have most of my hair. Actuall I have pics up as well on my photo blog too. I will check out your photo blog and want to thank you again for joining!

chopthemhorns

Reaction score
Thanks.. I have been thinking about getting on Finasteride. I feel that I am shedding a lot, I never really paid attention before. Maybe I am just freaking myself out because I obsessively check my hair every hr. Im trying to just use the Nizoral and see where I am at in a couple months.

juliasmith

Reaction score
Go to a doctor and see if you have male pattern baldness. If you do you'll need to use either finasteride (or another DHT inhibiter) or minoxidil.