Chris C's story

Chris C

Reaction score
Hows it goin brothers. I'm 23 and this sh*t is hitting me fast and hard. I was so vain about my hair and it feels like I'm being punished or something. Men in my family are predisposed to hair loss but never this early in life. I have to take these meds for bi-polar disorder that have hair loss as a side effect, which sucks big time because I can't stop taking them, ever. My hair isn't falling out it seems, it's just thinning, with the addition of hair loss at the temples. I don't see hair in the sink or anything like that, and when I run my hands thru my hair I don't get strands of hair falling out or anything. It's just this gradual, low key descent into sh*t since last year.

Started minoxodil 5% a few months back with no results so far although that is to be expected from what I understand. Just really unsure of everything in my life right now, and this is just one more thing to worry about. It hasn't gotten too bad yet, and one wouldn't notice the damage from a cursory glance at me, but I'm not going to be able to shake this feeling of utter dread about the future. I wish I could just say f*** society and their expectations of me, but I would just be a hypocrite because I buy into these same expectations and apply them to everyone else I see. I think I'll just put on some Morrissey and cry :)... :(

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
society is the devil im here with u man. i'm going throught the same sh*t as you. jus go with the propecia and hope that you'll maintain. Maybe some day we will have the answer soon.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
well, count me in as well. we are one of a kind. Thats why we are honey. get propecia and rogaine...plan out your regimen.

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
BiPolar sucks doesn't it. Amplifies hairloss 100 fold. I know exactly what you are going through...