Chris's story : 23 year old - help!! (with pics)

Megadeth

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess you know why I'm here. Anyway, my name is Chris and I've been losing my hair since about age 19. It has been very slow, but recently it seems to have sped up. I've never had thick hair, and I've always had a little bald spot at the top, but it's gotten worse now. The spot in the back is larger, and worst of all my hairline is receding. I think the flash makes it look worse than it really is, but as you can see it looks pretty bad.

I went on rogaine a few years ago for a few months but I stopped use because I kept getting unexplained headaches. I tried Propecia for a couple of months but I stopped because the cost was too much at the time. I've recently started using Rogaine again (5% liquid) and I hope it will stop the thinning. I will also start taking propecia again as soon as I see my doctor. I have also been using Nioxin shampoo system #1 for thin hair. Below are some pictures taken today. Let me know how bad it is and what can be done. Thanks!

pic3.jpg

pic1-1.jpg

pic2-1.jpg

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
You're hair looks fine. The hairline is perfectly intact, perhaps on it's way to a Norwood 2 mature hair line; who knows how long that may take. However, you did say you were using Rogaine, so that may explain why your hair looks so good. In my opinion you don't have a problem. If you are worried I suggest you stay with the finasteride. Try Proscar and cut it into 1/4's if money is an issue.

Megadeth

Established Member
Reaction score
re:

maybe it's not as bad as i thought? That spot on the back looks huge to me. I'm sure part of it is the flash, but it looks big to me.

I plan on getting on finasteride within the next couple of days, and I will keep using the minoxidil to thicken up my hairline a little. I will also get Nizoral and use it instead of my Nioxin. Will the 1% work or should I get the 2%?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re:

blueshard said:
stop listening to megadeth and you should be fine.

:punk: