Chris's Story - (HELP PLZ!!!!)

chriso29

Reaction score
HI i have just joined the site after looking at it quite a bit over the last few weeks,my names chris im male 28 from australia.
Basically i guess for the last year really my hair has gotten really thin i mean no bald patch as such but basically just really dry crappy quality hair with no life,very thin.Its been getting worse and worse in quality over the last few years.I could still grow out my hair but i did notice around 2006 the general quality of the hair was becoming thin and lifeless,i decided to shave it about a year ago because my logic is that it will be less noticeable how bad the quality is if its cut to a number 2 or 3 (shaved off basically), i went to ashley and martin here in Australia (by the way if anyone wants to know anything about their program ill tell you everything!) i was diagnosed with early stage hairloss (dont really know exactly what type).I would like to know what has caused my hair to go from quite thick and healthy to this dry thin crap ive got on my head now,plz help any ideas guys?,or who could tell me whats caused this any professional?Its strange cos as i said i have no bald spot,even my temples are ok,anyway i have decided to take 1mg finasteride daily plus 2ml minoxidil a night onto the scalp and i have also bought a leimo laser,all this in hope to try and get my hair thicker and healthier and avoid going bald!
A question i have is would it be ok or a good idea to shave my head again (at the moment there is about 1 inch of growth all over albeit very bad quality hair) and continue to use the leimo laser, finasteride and minoxodil on a shaved head then just continue shaving it every so often for around 12 months,then hopefully after about 12 months when i attempt to grow it out again the quality will be better than i have now?I know you guys probably arent hair doctors but i was thinking of doing this because i think its alot less noticeable how bad of quality of hair i have when its shaved than when its how it is now ,about an inch growth all over,anyway its my first post i hope i can get some replies.Please and as i said, id be happy to answer any questions from the knowledge i have and my experiences so far with Ashley and martin,finasteride ,minoxidil and leimo.
Thanks guys.Chris.

Preston

Reaction score
Re: HI IM CHRIS,MY STORY,AND HELP PLZ!!!!

From what I know balding can occur in a number of ways .
There are a few conditions that can affect hair , I know people with seborrheic dermatitis notice decreased hair quality ( wich I have and treat now with nizoral )
Do you have dandruff ?
There's also pytiriasis ( fungal infection )that can cause "suffocation" of the hair.

I'd say the priority is to determine if its mpbor not and stick with medication that you take for the moment .