Chronic Telogen Effluvium or male pattern baldness?

murkris118

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Like everyone in this forum must definitely have a story to share I have too. The problem started when I had a breakup and started having physical and mental symptoms of anxiety and depression. I suffered PTSD and the road to recovery was pretty hard. I had a head full of hair when I was 23. Five years from then I have lost nearly 60% of my hair. My hair started to thin out on the crown and eventually the sides. I first guessed it was Telogen Effluvium and tried homeopathic treatments for it as I was also diagnosed with impure blood and general liver stress as I was under starvation and rapid weight loss. It worked wonders for my hair on the first attempt but when I discontinued the medication as I thought my hair would be normal again I went into a second trigger which I think is continuing to date. I also have a peculiar symptom which I guess other people would find interesting. My hair does not fall out nor does it grow :confused:... It has been a year and a half since the new bout started and I have not experienced any new hair growth at all. My crown is very thin at the moment, Literally can see through it. If it was male pattern baldness I should assume that hair loss would at least exist? I have also noticed very oily skin and skin darkening on my face and in some parts of the body even when I dont go out in the sun. Are these problems somehow linked? Is some common problem affecting my skin and hair at the same time?. I am also suspecting a hormonal problem possibly Thyroid or adrenal as my body was under constant stress before.

It has been 6-7 months since I have controlled my trigger and the anxiety has subsided. I see no difference in my hair growth. I cannot find any new hair growth. Only the hair that I already hair seems to be growing longer and that too very slowly. Please help guys...

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
its hard to distinguish between male pattern baldness and Telogen Effluvium with words. We will need pics posted and we might be able to tell you what it is with confidence

Telogen Effluvium will not occur in a male pattern baldness pattern, it will occur all over the head. If the thinning is primarily at the crown and hairline/temples it is male pattern baldness and you should start finasteride in this case