Claim your hair transplant on your taxes! (Canada)

jimjohn

Established Member
Reaction score
good stuff how much money do you think we'd get back? these transplants are so expensive.

Peach Fuzz

Reaction score
jimjohn said:
good stuff how much money do you think we'd get back? these transplants are so expensive.

What I would recommend is plugging your numbers into a tax program to see how much you would benefit as it will vary depending on what your income is and how much you paid for your procedure.

For myself, I got back $1800 out of a procedure that cost just under $10,000. (If I had not claimed my procedure, I would actually have owed the government a few dollars, so the transplant claim made a pretty significant difference; in other words, it made it so that rather than me owing money, I got money back.)

CCS

Reaction score
Maybe I could claim mine over here if I get a job as a male stripper. I could say it is a business expense, investing in my business. And then the business goes belly up next year, but I keep the deduction.

Nah, they'd ask me what percent of my hair is used for business and what percent is used for pleasure, and how long it will last. Like when you buy a car, you have to write off the mileage used for business, not the car.