Clever username typical story

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
So I've been losing my hair since roughly 14, (I remember one comment at lunch in 9th grade "hey are you going bald?") but it was so slight that it wasn't until 16 when I had a major recession in my temples and everyone in typical NY fashion let me know. At 17 I went to the doctors who confirmed I had higher than normal T levels and she put put me on propecia. It was a crappy situation but atleast then I was on my moms insurance and she paid the monthly fees for the pills. I've had a heavy beard since about 15 and even had a shadow after shaving (dht evidence there). So I was on propecia from the beginning of 12th grade until the end of my freshman year of college.

I should also mention I was put on zoloft for depression. Because my mom couldn't understand why her son was depressed when he was going bald at 16 and thought she could fix it with a pill.

My girlfriend at the time found out I was taking zoloft and told me to stop taking them, that there was nothing wrong with me and these pills would make me someone else. She later found my propecia pills but confused them for zoloft and didn't shut up until I threw them out (I was too embarrassed to tell her what they really were). I stopped taking propecia that day and actually my hair seemed to maintain if not get better without the pills. I have to say I think the propecia definitely helped the hair on top but made no difference at all in the front. It was embarrassing however when you're 18-19 and can't get it up for your hot girlfriend then she thinks it's because you don't find her attractive and gets mad at you.

After that year I moved to NYC where she was from so wed stay together. More comments from friends about being 19 and going bald, luckily at that time my crown was still full and I was about a nw2.

Skip ahead 3 years, Ive moved back upstate graduated from community college and Im headed to England to get my BA. By this time I have a nice bald spot on my crown, my temples receeded even more and the top overall is thinning. I tried going vegetarian and cutting starches but that made no difference.

1 Year in England Im now 22, having a great time making friends from all over Europe (any country in Europe you can think of). All is well until some 18 year old b**ch walks into my dormroom (door was open). I invite her and her friends to have a couple drinks with us, she looks disgusted and says she has plans and then proceeds to ask me how old I am. I knew why she asked and it hurt. I've been told I've looked as old as 30 by people since HS and it doesn't feel good at all. I should also mention I started drinking for the first time in England, not sure if that has an impact or not.

I moved to Poland 2 months ago to teach English and just turned 23. Ive noticed a lot more balding young men in Poland than anywhere else. I dont know if its all the drinking (not just a stereotype) or all the pork they eat or what. I bought Fincar from unitedpharmecies and took it for about 3 weeks before I left England. It seemed to do a lot of harm and no good so I got scared at stopped. I started it again 3 weeks ago and I noticed the patch of hair in the front is now starting to thin (F%ck).

My mom sent me a bottle of nizoral last week which I've used 2x so far because I dont know where to buy it here. Im also taking the fincar 1.25mg a day but considering quitting it. I think Id like to start the foam but not sure where to buy it in Poland.

Ok thats my book, hopefully things will get better. I havent had a gf in nearly a year now and being foreign hasnt made up for the hair loss.

These were taken right before I left the UK

June 20

hair1.jpg

hair2.jpg

RaginDemon

Reaction score
i feel your pain bro...

keep on finasteride if you can...and keep at it for a yr, it should improve your hair slowly.

GL!

haggis

Reaction score
cleverusername said:
how old I am. I knew why she asked and it hurt. I've been told I've looked as old as 30 by people since HS and it doesn't feel good at all.

Hi cleverusername, i used to get that all the time from when i was around 18 to 25 people saying i looked older than i was, its annoying and depressing, Now that i am 30, i dont get any comments about my age, apart from a friend that was looking at a pic of me when i was 18 and said "you look older in this pic than you do now" :D

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
hey there...hang on there dude..
i experienced the same things as you did bro...been told that i'm bald for how many time already and they just won't shut up. i can get 3 comments from the same person in a day. wtf!!! they just wont shut their f***ing mouth. but then, i found this forum and has been treating my hairloss since then. and i feel better off now...i don't think of it that often now. hang on there...

haggis

Reaction score
k3nn7i said:
hey there...hang on there dude..
i experienced the same things as you did bro...been told that i'm bald for how many time already and they just won't shut up. i can get 3 comments from the same person in a day. wtf!!! they just wont shut their f***ing ...

Maybe each time they say something about you hairloss you should point out one of their faults ?

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
lolz...now that i'm used to those kind of shits...i can easily brush it off. not like it was in the past... :lol:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
some ppl are just TOO inconsiderate.

prior to my hair loss, I would never make fun on my friends who were suffering from it. Now I got this problem too, I sort of want to ask them if they are also on treatments, but I donno where to start. lol

"yo guy, you on finasteride?"

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who's my age and worse off than me. I've been around where his sister or his friends make a joke about it but they don't say anything to me. It's odd, maybe there are bounderies in Poland as to how long you know someone before making jokes like that is acceptable.

Do you think the rogaine foam would be a good idea? I could probably order it from ebay in the uk. I have to say though the nizoral has made my scalp itching stop completely and just leaves it feeling great. Usually dandruff shampoos dry out my scalp and make things worse so this was a pleasant surprise.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
cleverusername said:
I have a friend who's my age and worse off than me. I've been around where his sister or his friends make a joke about it but they don't say anything to me. It's odd, maybe there are bounderies in Poland as to how long you know someone before making jokes like that is acceptable.

Do you think the rogaine foam would be a good idea? I could probably order it from ebay in the uk. I have to say though the nizoral has made my scalp itching stop completely and just leaves it feeling great. Usually dandruff shampoos dry out my scalp and make things worse so this was a pleasant surprise.

lol i know a lot pf Poles and believe me ,there are NO boundaries,the slightest physical flaw and they will let you know about it......especially when they are drunk,which,sorry to play up to stereotypes,is most of the time :p

IBM

Reaction score
I hate those proudy drunks. Met few of them and the only thing they know to do is hurt people's feelings.

And makes me confusion how some people, specially girls, cant understand why hairloss regimens is important to most of us. Well if i had a girlfriend that complained about my regimen i would say that she does not love me and i would break things in the worst way.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I've had comments about my hair from some of the fattest and ugliest bastards you've ever seen. The hipocrasy of it is astounding. Usually I just ignore it but if it gets to me too much I'll just say "Ok Brad Pitt we cant all be babemagnets like you" ...they usually get the point.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I've had comments about my hair from some of the fattest and ugliest bastards you've ever seen. The hipocrasy of it is astounding. Usually I just ignore it but if it gets to me too much I'll just say "Ok Brad Pitt we cant all be babemagnets like you" ...they usually get the point.

just smack the f*** outta them!

s.a.f

Reaction score
But thats the thing about being a balding man, you have to make out in public that it does'nt bother you. Its not very masculine to admit to being concerned about your looks.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I agree, the more you seem to be bothered with it, the more others will tease you.

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey cleverusername,
How's the treatments going? If I were you I would have a No. 3 buzz cut all over at least IMO it would look much smarter. Look at my story, I'm a year younger than you mate and have similar loss, right down to the dot in the crown. :p
Chin up fella!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
GL on the treatment my frieneds, and keep up the good attitude!