Clever's Story (PICS!! / Jan 22)

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
So I finally got the courage to post photos. I've been on kirkland minoxidil and nizoral 1% since Aug 12 and generic fincar from inhouse since Aug 23. I take 1/4 a fincar pill at night and apply minoxidil twice a day although I went a month only using 1 because I was afraid it would make my head look greasy. It's winter now so I just put a hat on and by the time i get to work it's dry so I'm back to 2x. I think I might finally be getting some results. Sorry about the image quality but my camera is pretty awful.

Front
front_sep2.jpg

front_nov24.jpg

top_sep2.jpg

top_nov24.jpg

JohnC43

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Clever's story (pics nov24)

Damn, that's impressive. What kind of minoxidil do you use? Most importantly, how long were you receeding before you began treating it?

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score

DAMN! your success is making me pissed off at my own head!

good work, keep it up

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score

Thanks man I appreciate that.

I use kirkland minoxidil I got from ebay. I'm 24 now and I probably started receding early around 15 but first started noticing and getting comments around 16. I took propecia when I was 17 but gave up on it after about 6 months because I expected it to give me a perfect hairline and was afraid of the girlfriend finding my pills. Actually when I look at old skateboarding photos from when I was about 14 I can notice even a slight recession then. Guess I have some strong genetics to fight even though my dad is in his 50s has a perfect hairline and long hippy hair. He's just now started to thin a bit in the crown...lucky rat bastard.

JohnC43

Established Member
Reaction score

cleverusername said:

I use kirkland minoxidil I got from ebay. I'm 24 now and I probably started receding early around 15 but first started noticing and getting comments around 16. I took propecia when I was 17 but gave up on it after about 6 months because I expected it to give me a perfect hairline and was afraid of the girlfriend finding my pills. Actually when I look at old skateboarding photos from when I was about 14 I can notice even a slight recession then. Guess I have some strong genetics to fight even though my dad is in his 50s has a perfect hairline and long hippy hair. He's just now started to thin a bit in the crown...lucky rat bastard.

How long between those pictures?

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

man those are some good results, especially the crown - its thickened up nice :bravo:

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score

JohnC43 said:
cleverusername said:

they're dated mang, about 4 months apart. Although I was about 3 weeks in on the first ones and had gone through a bit of a shed.

Thanks mj9 :) Hoping for that hairline to get to a NW2 by summer. If that happens I'll be off my tits.

JohnC43

Established Member
Reaction score

cleverusername said:
JohnC43 said:
cleverusername said:

they're dated mang, about 4 months apart. Although I was about 3 weeks in on the first ones and had gone through a bit of a shed.

Thanks mj9 :) Hoping for that hairline to get to a NW2 by summer. If that happens I'll be off my tits.

Well what I'm trying to ask is how long were you on minoxidil/propecia/nizoral before you noticed results like those?

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score

I had a hard time looking in the mirror so I would avoid it at all costs. I'd look at in something distorted like a window or water but never directly in the mirror. So I would feel my head to see if there was any difference. I noticed about 2 and a half months in the texture had changed on the top of my head so I manned up and looked in the mirror and sure enough it looked better. I noticed the front started to thicken up and felt little fuzzy hairs about 2 weeks ago.

I know the front has a long way to go but for the first time since I was about 15 I can actually look at myself in the mirror. Sounds stupid but it's a big step for me.

Sorry I misunderstood what you were asking.

Mpresev

Reaction score

wowieee, your not balding anymore.. actually you have a full hair again.. :punk: :punk:

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score

Just a quick update. I looked in the mirror today with the medicine cabinet light shining over me. First great thing was I didn't see my scalp for the first time in like 4 years but more importantly I noticed a bunch of hairs growing around my hairline and temples. They were dark brown/black and probably 2cm long. I tried taking a picture but my camera is sh*t and didn't pick them up they just look like a blur. In a month I think I'll be able to post some new photos showing my hairline improving. It won't be a NW1 but definitely better.

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score

lesson learned, don't stop your meds. I lost my job back in January (yay economy!) so after my meds and savings ran out I didn't restock. Lost a bit of ground but I've been back on fincar for about a week now and minoxidil for about a month. Hair overall is thicker than baseline but the progress i made on the hairline is gone. :(

edit: just buzzed it #2 and doesnt seem AS bad as I thought. Still thinned up a bit both on top and hairline.

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Clever's Story (PICS!! / Nov 24)

Yea so things are not looking good. I've since moved to China from NY. I have been on fincar from inhouse for the past 6 months and off kirkland minoxidil for the same amount of time. For the past 4 months or so I have had a chronic inflammation of my scalp. It comes in spurts where it will just burn for about 20 minutes. My girlfriend looked at my scalp and noticed its red and has little pimples. I've gone to 2 pharmacies here asking for finasteride and they acted like it didnt exist. If someone knows the brand name of finasteride in China I would be extremely greatful. Also, living with Chinese roommates my diet has included a lot of white rice and vegetable oil. Neither of which I ate back home because I knew they weren't healthy and potentially bad for hair. I try to be polite and eat with them but I may have to start just cooking my own food.

Why did I get off minoxidil? It may have just been my imagination but I thought it was giving me a bloated face. However I've been off it for 6 months and my face still looks fatter than normal so I think the real cause was gaining a little weight.

Anyone know how I can get rid of this scalp inflammation and how I can get my hands on some legitimate finasteride? I think the fincar did absolutely nothing and all my previous results were due to minoxidil.

I'm going to start the minoxidil again but I really want to solve this problem with my inflammed burning scalp first. If you look at the closeup photo you can see red marks. Also I should mention my scalp has been extra oily lately and I've been washing it on a daily basis.

haircloseupjan2010.jpg

hairtopjan2010.jpg

Back when things were looking up
Nov 2008
front_nov24.jpg

top_nov24.jpg

Baseline Summer 2008
top_sep2.jpg

front_sep2.jpg