Clobetasol Propenate

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well - I just ordered some Clobetasol Propecia and am going to give it a whirl along with my other mostly controversial treatments.

Downy Conditioner
Toco-Sorb
Circumin
Omega 3 (Just started this a week ago)
Oral MSM
Vitamin C
Finasteride (I take 15mg/week - I take 5mg on Mon/Wed/Fri)

Am going to see what applying it 2x/week does. Will only apply to one side of my head for a couple months and judge accordingly. I know I should take before pix...But I probably won't.

BTW - the above combo is making my hair look awesome! And the thinning spot I had on the crown is growing back...If not, it's really thickened up to the point that I can't see my scalp. I'm not sure if it's the toco-sorb or the MSM or the Downy...But whatever it is, I do like it.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Clobetasol propionate is a corticosteroid used to treat various skin disorders including eczema and psoriasis. It comes in ointment and emollient cream presentations. It has very high potency and typically should not be used with occlusive dressings, or for extended continous use (beyond two weeks). It is also used to treat several auto-immune diseases including alopecia areata and lichen planus (auto immune skin nodules).

Clobetasol propionate is marketed and sold worldwide under numerous names including Clobex, Temovate (US), Tenovate, Dermovate, Dermatovate, Butavate and, Movate.

Possible side effects

* Acneform eruptions
* Allergic contact dermatitis
* Burning sensation
* Cracking and fissuring
* Cushing's syndrome
* Dryness
* Erythema
* Glaucoma
* Folliculitis
* Hypertrichosis
* Hypopigmentation
* Itching
* Irritation
* Miliaria
* Numbness of fingers
* Perioral dermatitis
* Pruritus
* Secondary infection
* Skin atrophy
* Skin maceration
* Stinging
* Striae
* Telangiectasia

How did you hear about this Harie?? Btw keep it up with your controversial regimen!

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
How did you hear about this Harie?? Btw keep it up with your controversial regimen!

I read about it on HLH a year ago or so from shyguy007. I figured if Hydrocortisone worked decently that a more extreme corticosteroid should work even better with less frequent use. I had been looking for non-prescription Clobetasol for a long time, but just found it at inhousepharmacy a couple days ago.

After checking out your link on cayenne and soy isoflavones, I just may pick up some next week too.

Reaction score
Harie, be extremely careful in using Clobetasol Propionate, it is not meant for long term use. I would stick to the Hydrocortisone, just combine it with Retin-A to diminish any skin thinning from prolonged use.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
LookingForAnswers said:
Harie, be extremely careful in using Clobetasol Propionate, it is not meant for long term use. I would stick to the Hydrocortisone, just combine it with Retin-A to diminish any skin thinning from prolonged use.

Anytime someone brings up HydroCortisine or any other corticosteroid people jump in with the skin thinning sides. I'm not worried about skin thinning. In fact, I think it's probably overblown just like the sides from finasteride/dutasteride are. I've heard of people being on pretty heavy duty corticosteroids for years and years at a time without problem.

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
some dermatologist gave me samples of this years ago. he asked what i was on and when i told him nizoral 2%, he told me that clobex would be much better..the instructions if i remember correctly, say to apply it to a dry area of scalp and leave on for like 15 mins before showering it off? am i right?

i used it like once or twice.
What i want to know is, did u find evidence to suggest it has any properties that may improve hair loss?

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BlahBlah12 said:
some dermatologist gave me samples of this years ago. he asked what i was on and when i told him nizoral 2%, he told me that clobex would be much better..the instructions if i remember correctly, say to apply it to a dry area of scalp and leave on for like 15 mins before showering it off? am i right?

i used it like once or twice.
What i want to know is, did u find evidence to suggest it has any properties that may improve hair loss?

It's a cream, so I'm assuming that I'd just leave it on all day till I showered or something.

It may help with hair regrowth because it's an anti-inflammatory. Have seen pix and read about people getting regrowth from using Hydrocortisone. I figure this is a more potent anti-inflammatory, so it sould work even better than hydrocortisone.

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
Well keep us posted Harie, I started using 1% Hydrocortisone a while back but after a few weeks I was getting big spots on my scalp? so I stopped. Might give it another try. Thing is I shave my head so you can see the spots. It was only a few like.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Clobetasol arrived yesterday and I applied it to my right temple area last night before bed. I am only going to use it on the right temple area so I can compare results. It went on nicely and absorbed quickly. I wouldn't want to wear it during the day, because it made my hair all messed up, but with a shorter hair style, it wouldn't be bad at all.

I will bite the bullet and take a cell phone pic tonight when I get home so I've got some sort of baseline.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well. 1 week down and a bunch of weeks to go. So far have noticed absolutely no itching from my right temple whatsoever. My crown and left temple have itched a time or two in the last week...But the right temple feels great. (I am only applying to my right temple)

FWIW - I have been only applying CP 2x/week so far. Wednesdays and Saturdays only.

I am going to jump to 3x/week starting now. Mon/Wed/Fri