Cloud 9 Regrowth

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just joined the board today.

I'm 26 years old and have had had hairloss since I was 21. I'm not too bothered about my hairline, it's receded a bit but not drastically.

I'm more concerned about the thinning on top. So I've finally decided to do something about it and not just let nature take it's course.

Has anyone heard of or tried Regrowth Plus by Cloud Nine?

It claims to block DHT and regrow new hair.

They also have a 90 day money back guarantee, but having looked closer at this guarantee, I'm suspicious. They say they will only accept unopened bottles and also charge a $10 restocking fee for each bottle.

So I'm wondering if I order 3 bottles (a 3 month supply) and am not happy with the results after three months I will not get my money back as I will have opened each of the 3 bottles.

Does this sound like a scam?

PepperJack

Reaction score
reckless said:
Hi all, just joined the board today.

I'm 26 years old and have had had hairloss since I was 21. I'm not too bothered about my hairline, it's receded a bit but not drastically.

I'm more concerned about the thinning on top. So I've finally decided to do something about it and not just let nature take it's course.

Has anyone heard of or tried Regrowth Plus by Cloud Nine?

It claims to block DHT and regrow new hair.

They also have a 90 day money back guarantee, but having looked closer at this guarantee, I'm suspicious. They say they will only accept unopened bottles and also charge a $10 restocking fee for each bottle.

So I'm wondering if I order 3 bottles (a 3 month supply) and am not happy with the results after three months I will not get my money back as I will have opened each of the 3 bottles.

Does this sound like a scam?

Can you tell us what's in it that purportedly blocks DHT? That will give us a better idea on the scam factor.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, it has the following ingredients:

Vitamin B6
Biotin
Magnesium
Zinc
Saw Palmetto
Nettle root
Cucurbita Maxima
Eleuthero
Uva-Ursi
Muria Puama

I think it's the Saw Palmetto and Nettle Root that blocks the DHT, but here is a detailed list of what each of the ingredients does:

Vitamin B6

Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin and part of the B-complex. There are three major chemical forms of the vitamin: pyridoxine, pyridoxal, and pyridoxamine. Vitamin B6 is essential for many body functions and its deficiency can lead to various disorders including hair loss. Vitamin B6 is essential for nerve function, immune function, protein digestion and the production of red blood cells. Vitamin B6 also promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss.

Biotin

Biotin also belongs to the Vitamin B complex and is necessary for fat and carbohydrate metabolism. Essential for healthy skin, hair and nails, biotin deficiency has been shown to cause hair loss.

Magnesium

Magnesium is mineral essential for body energy, metabolism, protein synthesis, neuromuscular transmission, bone structure and hair growth.

Zinc

Zinc is a mineral essential for promoting a healthy immune system and the proper functioning of enzymes. It is needed for cell division and is thus important for skin, nails and hair growth. Research suggests that zinc causes increases hair density and reverses hair loss.

Saw Palmetto

Saw Palmetto extract has been shown to reduce DHT and 5a-reductase. It promotes hair growth by blocking DHT.

Nettle root

Nettle root blocks the enzymes, 5a-reductase, which are responsible for producing dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and the aromatase enzyme, which manufactures estrogens. Nettle toor also increases antimicrobial, antioxidant, analgesic and antiulcer activity.

Cucurbita Maxima

Cucurbita Maxima is an oil extract derived from pumpkin seeds and has long been used as supplement to promote hair growth. The extract also reduces the negative effects of testosterone and thus is also useful in preventing hair loss.

Eleuthero

Eleuthero, formerly known as Siberian Ginseng, (Glandular) a member of the ginseng family, does not belong to the same genus as other popular ginsengs such as the Panax variety. Traditionally utilized in healthy hair supplements, Eleuthero also increases endurance and helps restore concentration. Eleuthero reduces levels of testosterone and other hormones associated with stress.

Uva-Ursi

Uva-Ursi neutralizes urine acidity and increases urine flow, thus reducing bloating and water retention and promoting hair growth.

Muria Puama

Muria Puama plays an important role in energy metabolism, protein synthesis, neuromuscular transmission bone structure and hair growth in both men and women. The extract is also helpful in the treatment of stress management, nervous system stimulation, virility, and overall physical health.

What do you think?

PepperJack

Reaction score
reckless said:
Thanks for your reply, it has the following ingredients:

Vitamin B6
Biotin
Magnesium
Zinc
Saw Palmetto
Nettle root
Cucurbita Maxima
Eleuthero
Uva-Ursi
Muria Puama

I think it's the Saw Palmetto and Nettle Root that blocks the DHT, but here is a detailed list of what each of the ingredients does:

Vitamin B6

Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin and part of the B-complex. There are three major chemical forms of the vitamin: pyridoxine, pyridoxal, and pyridoxamine. Vitamin B6 is essential for many body functions and its deficiency can lead to various disorders including hair loss. Vitamin B6 is essential for nerve function, immune function, protein digestion and the production of red blood cells. Vitamin B6 also promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss.

Biotin

Biotin also belongs to the Vitamin B complex and is necessary for fat and carbohydrate metabolism. Essential for healthy skin, hair and nails, biotin deficiency has been shown to cause hair loss.

Magnesium

Magnesium is mineral essential for body energy, metabolism, protein synthesis, neuromuscular transmission, bone structure and hair growth.

Zinc

Zinc is a mineral essential for promoting a healthy immune system and the proper functioning of enzymes. It is needed for cell division and is thus important for skin, nails and hair growth. Research suggests that zinc causes increases hair density and reverses hair loss.

Saw Palmetto

Saw Palmetto extract has been shown to reduce DHT and 5a-reductase. It promotes hair growth by blocking DHT.

Nettle root

Nettle root blocks the enzymes, 5a-reductase, which are responsible for producing dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and the aromatase enzyme, which manufactures estrogens. Nettle toor also increases antimicrobial, antioxidant, analgesic and antiulcer activity.

Cucurbita Maxima

Cucurbita Maxima is an oil extract derived from pumpkin seeds and has long been used as supplement to promote hair growth. The extract also reduces the negative effects of testosterone and thus is also useful in preventing hair loss.

Eleuthero

Eleuthero, formerly known as Siberian Ginseng, (Glandular) a member of the ginseng family, does not belong to the same genus as other popular ginsengs such as the Panax variety. Traditionally utilized in healthy hair supplements, Eleuthero also increases endurance and helps restore concentration. Eleuthero reduces levels of testosterone and other hormones associated with stress.

Uva-Ursi

Uva-Ursi neutralizes urine acidity and increases urine flow, thus reducing bloating and water retention and promoting hair growth.

Muria Puama

Muria Puama plays an important role in energy metabolism, protein synthesis, neuromuscular transmission bone structure and hair growth in both men and women. The extract is also helpful in the treatment of stress management, nervous system stimulation, virility, and overall physical health.

What do you think?

Ok, I read the ingredients and also got online to look at it. Honestly - I think you would do better by yourself money-wise to buy a good hair vitamin at your local healthfood store and then buy a separate bottle of saw palmetto caps (Gaia is an excellent brand btw). I went online to look at this supp and it doesn't even list the dosages of these ingredients--they could be very small, and thereby very unhelpful. Plus, the herbs in it could be of poor quality--you just don't know--this is an "As Seen on TV" product and probably made by some company that just pumps out junk to make quick money. About Uva-Ursi--if you want to reduce your acidity, just drink lemon water. I don't know how they connect reducing acidity to hair growth exactly, but that's a new one on me. Nettle might be OK, I really don't know, but you could also drink green tea or take green tea supplements to reduce 5ar (hell, you could even spray green tea on your head directly). Muria Puama--don't know much about it, but what is "neuromuscular transmission bone structure?" That doesn't even make any sense. Pumpkin seeds--well, I believe they contain a good amount of phytoestrogen. If you want phytoestrogen, you can eat soy foods, lots of beans, licorice and so forth. However, I don't recommend it. However, if you have internal worms, you may want to eat pumpkin seeds--puportedly pumpkin seeds will expel them :)

OK-besides all this--I am a huge believer in fighting DHT both internally and topically. I think once DHT has settled into your follicles you must use topicals to get rid of it, so hopefully you have plans to use something topically as well?

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your post. I've ordered some 5% minoxidil as well.

I think I'm just gonna go with the Propecia as there's not much evidence backing Saw Palmetto.

I'm from the UK, does anyone know if it's legal to order in Propecia from the USA?