Coffe and sugar

Letac

Reaction score
Does any one know if Coffee, sugar etc will have any effect on male pattern baldness?

Can it be an idea that people with "sweet blood" can be more effected of MPD than others? So if you lower your intake of sugar, it might help?

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Management_of_baldness

Androgenic alopecia correlates with metabolic syndrome because typically bald men have low testosterone levels (hypogonadism) which can easily trigger also diabetes mellitus and erectile dysfunction.[6] Medically increasing androgen levels improves this condition, demonstrating that androgens do not cause metabolic syndrome. Instead, high insulin levels (and possibly chronic inflammation[7]) seem the likely link in the demonstrated correlation between baldness and metabolic syndrome. This reinforces the notion that behaviors which help to keep insulin levels low and reduce chronic inflammation might also help to preserve hair.[8][9]
[edit]

This page would suggest so, but i've not seen any published studies around this.

Lowering sugar intake is a good idea generally, and may help, but i wouldn't rely on it

Letac

Reaction score
Yeah, I dunno, but I have had thoughts that sugar can acctually trigger it.

Just a question: Do you guys have problems with mosqito bites? Meaning that you if you are in a group of people and there`s a lot of mosquitos around, you are sure to get bitten? Maybe high levels of sweentess (or whatever it`s called - and for the record, I`m not english speaking:) in the blood might trigger and promote baldness?

I`m gonna read up on that list of yours, and I`ll give it a go trying to lower my intake of sugar from now on.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Sugar harms the liver (well, excessive sugar anyway) and encourages candida...

it depends on what you think the roots of your male pattern baldness are, IMO :)

Jacob

Reaction score
Use something like Wheylow in place of sugar..when adding it to anything. Love the stuff..been using it for years. Great for baking too :punk:

Hoppi

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Use something like Wheylow in place of sugar..when adding it to anything. Love the stuff..been using it for years. Great for baking too :punk:

or maybe Stevia? :) !

Jacob

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
Jacob said:

or maybe Stevia? :) !

If you use one that doesn't have that aftertaste. What's nice about Wheylow is you can use it just like sugar. A cup of Wheylow for a cup of sugar. No guesswork. Plus they have a Wheylow Gold..a brown sugar substitute..we actually use that most of the time. A maple syrup substitute is available..etc.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Jacob said:
If you use one that doesn't have that aftertaste. What's nice about Wheylow is you can use it just like sugar. A cup of Wheylow for a cup of sugar. No guesswork. Plus they have a Wheylow Gold..a brown sugar substitute..we actually use that most of the time. A maple syrup substitute is available..etc.

awesome ok, I should check that out sometime :)

Would be good for enjoying "sugary" things without having to worry about candida or anything!

EDIT -- heh, and that's kinda funny, I hurt myself just then (had a scab and I knocked it ._.) and without thinking I reached STRAIGHT for the colloidal silver to clean the cut! lol - useful to have this stuff around!!!

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
I hear you guys about the sugar and whit flour and how it is no good. To piggy back on what someone else said earlier, I also noticed that my brother (he is NW5) and I seem to attract mosquitos. My other bro (who has full head of hair and is older) doesn't attract them like we do. Wonder if their is a connection?