Coincidence?

Deaner

Reaction score
I decided to switch it up and start mixing Head & Shoulders in with my (now less frequent) Nizoral applications, because I like the way it makes my scalp feel, and Nizoral dries the sh*t outta my scalp. Anyway, I dunno if it's coincidence or not, but sicne I started my loss has almost entirely stopped. I had reported that I could pull a fair amount from my crown on a pretty much hourly basis, which was what I considered a fairly mild, but not cosmetically detrimental, shed. This has stopped. I can't tug anything out of my crown whatsoever. Do you guys think that Propecia has finally stopped my loss @ the 2 month mark and it's coincidence taht I started using H&S when this happened, or does it have something to do with the H&S? It's interesting to note as well that the first few days of using H&S had my crown area itching a fair amount while drying, which has since subsided.

Just kinda wanna know if I should keep the H&S thing running to keep this up, or if Propecia+nizoral alone should do it :p

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
yup total coincidence.....Two months is about when finasteride did the same thing for me.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Deaner,

I don't think switching to Head & Shoulders has anything whatsoever to do with your hair loss. If I were you, I would take finasteride everyday and avoid pulling out hair and staring into the mirror any more than necessary. Gauge your progress monthly at most as measuring it daily will not get you anywhere.

D.

Bismarck

Reaction score
drinkrum is right. Is think the same applies to side effects: Some get drunk Saturday evening and next day the write in hairloss forums that Propecia causes headaches.

G

Deaner, it is the finasteride kicking in, not the H&S

But if the H&S makes your scalp feel good, then keep using it.

Ty

pharoh

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I read several posts about on this site that head and shoulders caused excessive shedding for some people, but then I guess the same goes for nizoral. All depends on the individual

Deaner

Reaction score
Alright, sounds pretty unanimous. Thanks alot for the responses guys. By the way, I looked at your pics BHD, very very encouraging, hugely noticable difference. Makes me feel good about taking finasteride :)

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
unfortunatly I'm getting closer to looking like the before pics despite the finasteride and rogaine.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
That's what I'm praying for. I did have to alter things a bit from month 4 to 6 due to side effects so I'm thinking that may have had some effect...I'm just about finished with month # 7.

Deaner

Reaction score
Like they say, things must get worse before they get better. Hopefully that holds true, because my crown looks like pure garbage! :p

Edit: I should probably edit my original post, because the word detrimental should be replaced with devastating. Although my crown hasn't suffered too badly, it's become sparser since I started, more than likely as a result of these mini-sheds.