coiso's story - (age 19, need opinions)

coiso

Reaction score
hey there
just would like to expose my story and look for some help and opinions.
I'm 19 and I've been using long hair for some years, and i used to wash it every day till one year and half ago, when i noticed I was losing some hair, since that moment i started washing it every 2 day, but that was the only thing I did. So, some 4/5 mounths ago I took a better look, and noticed my hair has receded almost 2 centimeters in just half an year :S, must have been some sort of a testosterone explosion, once I also experienced lots of chest hair growth and even my face changed considerably,taking into account the time it took,just a matter of mounths. This scared the s*** out of me, so since that time, i wash my hair only twice a week rotating with a crappy hair loss shampoo, started to REALLY wash the scalp, once I almost didnt touch the routes of the hair during all this years while washing my hair... I cut the air once per month ou per each 2 mounths. Do aerobic workout like running and swimming and eat lots of fruits and drink green tea.

Im telling all this stuff just to know if Im doin the right things. Right now Im also thinkin on beggining to take saw palmetto, and zinc/ B vitamin complement perhaps, and using Alpecin C1. And would like to know from people who has more experience if it is worth it, or what other things I could do to help this issue

thx ^^

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: opinios

Same advice I always give, if your age ends in teen, you should be weary of finasteride or minoxidil, especially since you seem to be showing late puberty like sings. Your body may in fact still be developing. A multivitamin is always a good thing, and eating as many fruits and veggies as well, although do not expect to stop losing/start growing hair because of this, expect to feel better 50 years from now because of this, as your body will thank you. For hair, I'd go the natural route and find organic shampoos w/ aloe, vit E, green tea, tea tree oil, lavender (but be careful w/ lavender, can affect hormones). I'd use this 5 days a week, and Nizoral the other 2. I'd cut hair as short as you feel comfortable wearing it, the last thing you need is breakage, which is what I'm sure you're seeing alot of right now, along w/ possible recession. Also, your hair will more than likely move from an adolescent hairline into a mature hairline, which if you look on the Norwood Scale, resembles a NW1 to NW2. This again is natural and sometimes as far as hairloss goes. Other than than enjoy being young, you'll have HM by the time your old enough to need it, should that day ever come.

coiso

Reaction score
Re: opinios

Thx for the advices =), just didnt understand it all. Being weary of finasteride means I shouldnt use it? and what is "HM" ?
I also tought that my hairline could be just changing, but it just keeps going further...and kinda worries me.. And about shampoo, do you think cafeine based shampoos like alpecin are not the best idea? And once I may still be developing, due to late puberty signs, is it safe to take something like saw palmetto?

ali777

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not an expert, but yes he means DO NOT USE finasteride. You are too young and your body is still changing. finasteride will mess up your hormonal balance.

The changes you see might be natural and not male pattern baldness (male pattern baldness). finasteride is for treating male pattern baldness.

I used to have long hair when I was your age :hairy:, my hair was full of split ends and breakages. It didn't look very healthy but I loved it.

I'm not sure at what age I turned into a gorilla, but I do have more body hair than I want. I finished my puberty pretty early and I had lots of chest hair by the time I was 20. Between 23-26 I developed more body hair, now I have hair in places that I don't want to have hair :sobbing:

Hey, chest hair is good... It's a sign that you are maturing...

coiso

Reaction score
Something I decided I would for sure never do, was taking drugs to treat this (unless on a really bad situation wich I dont even want to think about), so i was thinking on stuff like saw palmetto, but there it goes.. maybe it isnt the best idea cuz it might also mess up with my hormonal balance, and Im kinda afraid of stuff like testicle pains, dificulty on getting erections, etc, like Ive been reading. So i gave up on that. And now planing just on vitamins suplements, lots of fruits and still the Alpecin(wich I never tried).. Just have a doubt, if this is completly normal, and will stop soon, using the alpecin wont be bad for my hair right? even a kid can use it I guess..

By the way, how old are you now and how is ur hair? and im not that worried about chest hair (I dont like it but its ok) what I want is my head hair on the place it is suposed to be! x)

Thx for the help =)

ali777

Reaction score
I'm 30. My hair is not too bad yet, but I have a receding hairline. I have lots of "miniaturized hair" along the frontal line. That's a sign that my hair follicles are dying and I'm trying to reverse that process. It's a very slow process, but once the hair follicle dies, it's gone for good.

I never paid attention to my hair until the miniaturization started becoming clear, and my hair thinned a lot in the front. I ended up going from not having a haircut for months, to having a haircut every month because the top of my hair just doesn't get the same volume as the sides. That's been happening only in the last 2 years. In the baldness scale, I'm somewhere between Norwood 2 and 3. I have deep temples as well, but that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that my hair started disappearing from the front.

You are probably worrying for nothing. If you have any doubts take a few pics and upload here to get a better opinion, or see an expert.

coiso

Reaction score
I think im also between II and III, but i didnt understand very well your talk about miniaturized hair, basicly ur also loosing the hair that is stil on the front of ur head?

And about the regimen? do u think its ok?vitamins and alpecin c1 or should I take any other dht blocker?

This is freaking me out, i see so many old man with a head full of hair on their 60's and 70's and im getting like this at 18/19.. today I even saw an old man (60 something..) with long hair blooming from all over his head..

ali777

Reaction score
You are probably worrying for nothing. You are most probably just developing a mature hairline. To be Norwood scale 3, you need to have rather deep temples.

well.. miniaturized hair is hair that doesn't grow anymore, and with every cycle becomes weaker and weaker until it dies.

coiso

Reaction score
i hope im just developing that hairline, but i actully have some big temples (if it is what i think), so as a matter of prevention, im planning on use that caffeine shampoo, and some vitamins. I guess it wont hurt, in the case I dont have any real problem related with hairloss, once it is stuff everyone can use without harming any risc to one's health.

coiso

Reaction score
ya,sou lol viste pelo coiso? podemos falar portugues aki? tou um bocado relutante em meter fotos, mas sou capaz de meter em breve, provavelmente inda hj. Ja agr k idade ek tens? comek ta a tua situaçao? k medidas ek tens tomado?dsclpa pelas perguntas todas x)

sorry for those who dont understand, basicly i'll put some photos later possibly.

Hubert Gruber

Reaction score
coiso said:
ya,sou lol viste pelo coiso? podemos falar portugues aki? tou um bocado relutante em meter fotos, mas sou capaz de meter em breve, provavelmente inda hj. Ja agr k idade ek tens? comek ta a tua situaçao? k medidas ek tens tomado?dsclpa pelas perguntas todas x)

sorry for those who dont understand, basicly i'll put some photos later possibly.

Boas.Acho q n ha prob em haver algum tuga.
pah,tenho 19 mas a minha linha de cabelo começou a subir ainda antes dos 18.
Há 9 meses q tomo finasteride 5 mg por dia ( compro na farmácia) e há uns meses q uso minoxidil na testa(lol).
O finasteride funciona bem,tenho mantido o cabelo como estava e até acho q ganhei algum e não tenho efeitos secundarios nenhuns. O minoxidil funcionaria bem se eu usasse 2 vezes ao dia mas eu so ponho uma:p
Se quiseres vê a minha história,procura por "Ian Curtis's story"
ps:vou meter mais fotos qd chegar ao mês 10.