Colin297's story - (23, diffuse Norwood 2.5)

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Thought i might as well start one of these to help me keep a label on any progress over the next several months.

Anyway, im 23, have been thinning and receding since about 18/19. Been using Nizoral and minoxidil intermittantly for about 2 years with very limited results. Had started finasteride for about 2 weeks before but pussied out. But this time im prepared to give it another crack because my hair isn't going to improve or stablise any other way!

Heres the pics. Ive been on finasteride for 6 weeks now and IM SHEDDING BIG TIME. Don't have any good pics from "before" though so we'll just have to go from there and take my word that im shedding (hopefully it wont get much worse as its getting harder and harder to stlye it :()... You'll see im not one of these stories where ive got the thickest head of hiar you've ever seen with recission of about 1mm that im going apeshit about....

so far....6 weeks in....

My regime is as follows:

finasteride 1mg a day
minoxidil liquid a few ml every night
Nizoral 3-4 times a week

Im going to add zinc and vitamin supplements to this though.

Im really banking on some response - im hopeful because of the shed. I know some of you guys shed anyway but I NEVER SHEDDED before this. Im not one of these thinners than have their shower's filled up with hair or found hair on the pillow or even had many loose hairs. But now when i rub my hair ill get one or two every time so, for me, thats a huge shock.

As i said though - im hoping this means ill respond particularly since im a diffuser as they supposedly react best to finasteride. FINGERS CROSSED because if finasteride doesnt work you're kinda screwed i guess?

Any input and support is appreciated :)

dman23

Reaction score
Re: 23, diffuse Norwood 2.5, Now on finasteride.

well first i think its good that you started use finasteride it may help you
and it be better if you use minoxidil 2 times a day not once, your massive shed probably comes as the effect of the finasteride so it might be a good sign

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Re: 23, diffuse Norwood 2.5, Now on finasteride.

dman23 said:
well first i think its good that you started use finasteride it may help you
and it be better if you use minoxidil 2 times a day not once, your massive shed probably comes as the effect of the finasteride so it might be a good sign

2 times a day is

a) messy
b) unsustainable forever
c) only slightly more effective apparently