Colledge Chemistry Student

CCS

Reaction score
the spironolactone will survive in Revivogen. I think the revivogen is pH 5, which is close enough to the spironolactone's optimal pH. However, I don't know how well spironolactone tablets dissolve. You have to grind them up really well, and let them mix and sit and mix and sit to get all the spironolactone out and away from the powder. The spironolactone may even have an affinity for the powder. Only well dissolved spironolactone will enter your pores, so don't bother putting a lot in there. 2% is plenty. That is 12 100mg tablets per 60mL.

CCS

Reaction score
not for the spironolactone. if you live in a hot place, the revivogen might need it.

bubka

Reaction score
i just love how ccs does not know what will happen to the effectiveness of the spironolactone pills if dissolved in another solution, but hey, ccs says its cool, so it must be...

all he does it talk about ph as if that is the sole factor, and then everything is mentioned in a percent? wtf are you basing this on?

bubka

Reaction score
well considering that on the label for storage of spironolactone, it says "AVOID MOISTURE" i am sure it will be just fine in that solution

CCS

Reaction score
bubka said:
well considering that on the label for storage of spironolactone, it says "AVOID MOISTURE" i am sure it will be just fine in that solution

Most spironolactone solutions tested and reported, including Lee's, have water in them. The studies Bryan posted gave percentages: about 60% water.

If you don't want to pill crumbling, or if you want it to last a year, keep away from moisture, especially since all the spironolactone molecules are so close together.

bubka

Reaction score
Rambo said:
bubka said:
he is a sophomore in college, i will leave it up to you to make a decision on that
I think he knows more then anyone else here about chemistry
not to start a war here, but you are easily impressed by things, i don't think he does, ccs was actually banned from posting these types of drug "cocktails" which have no merit

CCS

Reaction score
Rambo said:
bubka said:
he is a sophomore in college, i will leave it up to you to make a decision on that

there are other chemists on here. Some know more than me. They just don't use their knowledge to make stuff or test stuff. Can't make mistakes if you don't try.

CCS

Reaction score
Rambo said:
bubka said:

better if you put it in both. I doubt you get every square cm of you head with the revivogen like you do with shampoo. The revivogen is better where applied though.

spironolactone will break down in shampoo before you use the whole bottle, unless the pH is near 4.5. Most shampoos are closer to pH 6. Maybe some acid ones with salicylic acid in them are closer to pH 4.5. Make smaller batches so you can use them up in time.

I think spironolactone pill won't get dissolved small enough and separated enough from their powder if you make a strong batch. Just make 1-2%. I prefer 1% because it is cheap and you probably get 75% the action of the 2%. grind the pills VERY good with a mortar/pestal. Then add alcohol or something, and dump the mix into the acid shampoo. It will get more liquidy, which is good. Mix well and let it set for 24 hours before using it, mixing now and then so the spironolactone is freed from the filler. Only make a 6 week supply.

Also, don't risk ruining your nizoral, which you know works. Put it in a non-expensive shampoo, and rotate it with nizoral.

bubka

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
Rambo said:
bubka said:

there are other chemists on here. Some know more than me. They just don't use their knowledge to make stuff or test stuff. Can't make mistakes if you don't try.
thank you for admitting that you likely have no clue when you suggest just mix up things and "try" because otherwise you can't make "mistakes"...

thats not an ethical human experimentation procedure

also, why do you say that a low pH of 4.5 will not "break down" spironolactone?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
There's a study that found that spironolactone is the most stable at about that pH.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
I don't know for sure bubka but what CCS suggests sounds reasonable IMHO.

spironolactone. is safe as a topical, and cheap, so what the heck.

Citric acid dissolves very well in water CCS. You could probably make any shampoo the ph you want. Citric acid is safe also. Heck, even apple cider vinegar.

CCS

Reaction score
Old Baldy,

Thanks for the vitamin C idea. I have some 1 gram pills with bioflavonoids that I think will do the trick. I'll have to look up the pKa of vitamin C. Hopefully it is in the 4 range. As for the cider, it stinks, and I think the apple poly in it is what counts. So unless the C does not work, I'll just use the apple poly in there too, or in a separate shampoo.

Everyone, do not mix this with nizoral, unless you have two nizoral bottles and know one of them is not getting messed up.

CCS

Reaction score
the pKa of ascorbic acid is 4.2. That means it will buffer to pH 4.2. 1gram and you probably don't need a pH probe to know it is all good. And vitamin C is very good for skin. I'll add a little ascorbyl palmitate too, though it won't affect pH.

powersam

Reaction score
so you got an FUE transplant. why did you not expect small scars?

how did the hairline turn out?

CCS

Reaction score
Rambo said:
Yeah i got FUE and my hairline is a joke , Ive got areas where no hair has come through and it looks weird..Yes i did expect tiny scars but not purples ones that dont change for years..And a doctor and company ( Dr martinick and new hair clinic ) That treats you like dirt once they get your money..Its amazing who they let become doctors these days

I knew it. I'm sure the right after care chemicals, and smaller holes, and avoiding the sun for a year can reduce that from happening, but not all docs do that. still, I'm sure all patients have scars, even if they are skin color and not too raised.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
College: I meant citric acid not vitamin C. Vitamin C would be the best but it goes bad (i.e., unstable) very fast when dissolved. (Vitamin C is ascorbic acid.)

Citric acid is different and lasts MUCH longer in solution. It's cheap at the Chemistry Store and other sites. Downside is I've never read where citric acid has much antioxidant activity but it does preserve concoctions, so I'm not sure about the antioxidant activity?

It has a ph of 2.2.

Whenever you see vitamin C water turning brown you know it's going bad IIRC. And it doesn't take long for it to do that. Maybe a few days to a week is all it takes, especially at room temperature IIRC.

http://chemistrystore.com/citric_acid.htm

CCS

Reaction score
vitamin C does not last long in your body either, unless you take it with bioflavonoids. I wonder if my vitamin C, which has bioflavonoids in it, would last longer. I also can add some BHT.

As for citric acid, if the pH is 2.2 (at what concentration?), that is two pH points lower than what the spironolactone is stable at. Though you could just use less. Prox-N is also pH 2.2. The pKas are 3.13, 4.76, and 6.40. So the odds of getting the low 4 area are not too good, though the 4.76 is not that bad. Just use a little.