Coming off Finasteride - how long is safe?

MSFB

Established Member
Reaction score
I have two questions:

1. How long after stopping Finasteride will hormone levels and the body return to 'normal', ie: in order to observe the difference between being 'on' and being 'off' the drug? This would be to see how side effects may be affecting me (low mood, fatigue)

2. How long is it 'safe' to stop using Finasteride for, before hair loss 'begins' again?

I understand the answers to these questions may be quite nuanced but I wondered if there was any general information or consensus out there?

Thanks guys

cuckthorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's all up in the air brother and you can Google the half life and tissue life etc but everything is a bunch of bullshit and you should know that by now. Some will tell you your hormone levels and side effects will resolve quickly, others will say they never will. Some will say you will lose all gains, while others lost their hair while taking it. It's all just a big game my friend. You can't trust a single word you hear about any of this crap.

Dogchebag

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have two questions:

1. How long after stopping Finasteride will hormone levels and the body return to 'normal', ie: in order to observe the difference between being 'on' and being 'off' the drug? This would be to see how side effects may be affecting me (low mood, fatigue)

2. How long is it 'safe' to stop using Finasteride for, before hair loss 'begins' again?

I understand the answers to these questions may be quite nuanced but I wondered if there was any general information or consensus out there?

Thanks guys
Hairloss begins instantly. Whether you notice or not and how long is a different matter.

Side effects is smth unpredictable.