Coming off propecia after visit to the doctors

dave_2010

Reaction score
Just come back from my doctors where i went to him with some of the symptoms below basically from within the past few weeks...

- buttock pain (happened twice but wasnt nice)
- lower back pain (quite frequent this week and happening as I type)
- thigh pain (happened a couple of times this week)
- pain on tip of penis during ejaculation (happened twice ever)

I said I think I have a problem with my prostate and did research and prostaitis / prostate cancer etc all came up...

I told him I had been taking propecia for about 6 months.

He did a urine test and examined my prostate and both were absolutely fine and said right this is very very likely down to the propecia and basically said it messes with your hormones, told me about it passes through semen or something so should not ever think to be having unpropected sex with my girlfriend while on this if she gets pregnant etc.

he said you would have to come off it anyway if your wanting to get your girlfriend pregnant in the future so Ive basically made the decision to come straight off it as the pain isnt worth it and certainly not if it is going to effect me having kids...

I know there are probably stacks of people here who have had children while taking propecia etc but these pains and symptoms have only just hit after 6 months and I think I need to get out so starting tomorrow I am off this...

thought I would share my story... also i know i am going to lose the great results I have achieved from propecia but when is this likely to happen? over the next few months or suddenly?

Very big shame but I am making a decision which is right for me at this time.

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score
Great decision Dave. If propecia gave you these nasty symptoms in just 6 months then just imagine how you might have ended up if you stayed on the drug for years.