Concealing head at work

baldsucks

Reaction score
Having hair transplant in 3 weeks. Any ideas about concealing and protecting head without injuring grafts. I'm an auto mechanic and I have to go back to work 1 week after surgery or I will get fired. All day long I' in situations where I could easily bump my head. I have ordered a soft baseball hat style "bump cap" and I will probably wear a silk "du-rag" under that. Any other ideas appreciated.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd be looking for a new job. Seriously. That is not going to be pretty after a week.

I wouldn't go in for a sugery operation like a hair transplant unless I could take at least a month off or more.

I hate to be a dick but you're going to face serious ridicule from your coworkers when you come in with a bruised...HEAD.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I used to work in a dealership....Those guys can be brutal when it comes to insults. Hopefully you've softened the blow by telling them. Just keep it covered well since your gonna have a lot of rust, grease, oil, metal shavings falling on your head throughout the day. The last thing you want is an infection.
Ask your Dr. for some advice.

Dimebolt3000

Reaction score
good luck, start wearing the baseball cap now, so it seems normal by the time you have the hair transplant...btw, how old are ya and what part are u gettin treated?

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My experience with my transplant if you get micrografts is you have 10-12 days before the scabs fall off. You will have obvious scabs after a week. It would take a decent blow to the head to mess up the implant hairs. If you have to hide them and have some hair, try couvre. It will help only if you have some hair left.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The best way to conceal head at work is for you and the lady in question to be very discreet and find an area of your office where not a lot of people work.

Oh, wait, you mean conceal YOUR head !

Your plan sounds good but get ready for some joking and ribbing.

I would definately tell people ahead of time.

And get one of those laser comb things, your head will heal a lot faster.