Confused

viperfish

Reaction score
I simply don't know what to do anymore! I've been on Propecia now for about 2 months and I am suffering from the sides. Testical pain, decrease libido, etc, etc, etc. I think I'm gonna have to get off it. My doctor put me on Vioxx for a week to get rid of the uncomfortable feeling in my nut area as he believes it is due to inflammation. However, yesterday was the last of the Vioxx and the pain is back today. This really pisses me off because I feel that if I'm not on finasteride I'm basically screwed. I guess i'll stick with the Revivogen and hope that something positive comes from it! I have however had some slight thickening from it. I'm just not gonna get "propecia type" results. Man it angers me because I want to be on the best thing for my hair and I can't. I'm pretty pissed about it!!!!! :evil:

drinkrum

Reaction score
Keep taking Propecia for a full year. My guess is that the sides will subside. I had testicular pain too, on and off, for the first few months and it slowly dissipated.

D.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Look in to using more anti inflammatories, tricomin, or emu oil. I'm using an aloe vera conditioner which feels really good. Start researching things which can ease it.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I developed a pretty long term case of epididymitis after propecia use ... its really just an increased sensitivity to it.. i believe which started because of the testicle ache that was ongoing for so many months....

I can now trigger the epididymitis by straining myself working out or whatever. never had that problem prior.

Could be what you're seeing. Epididymitis sucks. It takes weeks to go away. Just dont scratch the area when it itches or tingles. Leave it completely alone. Go on a low dose anti inflammatory like ibuprofin for awhile. And just deal. it sucks.

You may wish to stop the propecia as well and try the Revivogen / Topical spironolactone approach to DHT inhibition / propecia replacement.

HairLossTalk.com

viperfish

Reaction score
I'm not talking external sores or anything of that nature. It's on the inside that there is an uncomfortable feeling. I went to the doctor who checked my prostate and everything else and said that I might be suffering from minor inflammation. The Doctor told me he did not think it was the propecia, but if it did not stop within a week or two that I should discontinue the propecia for awhile until it stops. He put me on vioxx for a week in which the feeling went away. Once I got off the vioxx it came back! Once it stops he told me to try the propecia again and see if it comes back. The feeling seems to be coming from my testicle region, kinda a crampy, pulled something like feeling that started up after 5 days or so of Propecia use.

Hairloss mod,
Are you talking external inflammation?? Did you have testicular pain the whole time while on Propecia??? What else did you experience???

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
look up epididymitis on google. copy and paste it into the search engine so you spell it right. its basically what you have.

can be caused by straining working out, or agitation of the testicle in a million possible different ways.

HairLossTalk.com

viperfish

Reaction score
Thanks mod. Yeah that seems as if that could be my problem. I'm still gonna have to get off the propecia for maybe a week or 2 to see if it goes away. Just in case propecia may be causing the problem. I did not have this prior to propecia use.