Confused

Tommy2tyme

Reaction score
I have sort of asked this question before, but I will go into more detail this time. I started propecia in the begginning of October. I am 19 and noticed a receeding hairline. I started Propecia because i realized i was shedding over a 100 hairs a day. I have always had ridiculously thick hair which may explain the high numbers. I bought a 3 month supply of Propecia and took it religiously. The number of hairs I shed seemed to decrease to 50-60 daily, which was an improvement. I also noticed my hairline stopped receeding, but my crown was thinning (probably worse). I was also having substanial sexual side effects (unable to maintain an erection (unless i hadn't wacked it in a few days) and lowered sex drive). Under the advice on the forum I switched from Propecia to Proscar to save money. My pharmacist who is a family friend dilluted the proscar into a cherry syrup and gives me a month supply at a time (he is convinced this is fine (the dose I take after shaking the medication is 1 mg)). Almost immediately, the sexual side effects disappeared and i was as horny as ever. I also for the first time in months got a short hair cut, the standard crew cut and couldn't believe how good it looked. Anyways, its been about 2 months on Candy flavored Proscar, with no side effects, but just recently I began shedding many more hairs. I am extremely nervous that this Proscar is completely ineffective. My theory is if the side effects went away so did the effectiveness of the medicine. I figure its been over a month and this shed might be caused by the loss of finasteride in my system (same as if i stopped the med all together.) I am happy as a pig in sh*t that the side effects went away, but scared as hell I am going to be bald in a year.

2 more things. I am probably right around a Norwood 2 right now. And since I can get it up again I have been ejaculating all over the place lately.

Should I bite the bullet and get back on Propecia or am I overreacting?

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
If indeed this new cherry-flavored Proscar concoction is just as potent as the pill, then it wouldn't stop working so quickly. Unless your mind's eye is messing with your head, from the way you describe your haircut you sound like a quick responder. I'm sure others on here will tell you that the new fallout is just a treatment-induced shed, indicating further progress to come. However, someone more familiar with the science behind finasteride might have something to say about this concoction. Let's see.

Reaction score
People usually say that a shed is a good thing, it's a sign of that hair growing back stronger and thicker. Keep taking the proscar and guage your results over a while, i'm sure you will have progress.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the facts: propecia (and all treatments for hairloss) typically have a rollercoaster-like process to them. you are going to have sheds, have days where things are looking grim, days where you are sure you are god's greatest responder to propecia.

the problem: you are administering a proven drug in an unproven method. since hairloss is such an up and down kind of thing, even if this "syrup" drug was working, you would always be thinking in the back of your head, during the "down times" of hair loss treatment, is this the right drug? does the syrup totally destroy the effectiveness? damn, i wish i would have just used propecia all along, i wouldn't be in this predicament, it was working for me before? at least, this is what it seems like to me.

my advice, for peace of mind and sanity, irrelevant of whether or not the syrup is just as effective, just get the damn propecia or proscar and set your mind at ease. maybe i'm way off, and this isn't how you are thinking, i don't want to put words in your mouth, but it sounds like you aren't 100 percent behind this "syrup" theory. ;

G

Trent said:
the facts: propecia (and all treatments for hairloss) typically have a rollercoaster-like process to them. you are going to have sheds, have days where things are looking grim, days where you are sure you are god's greatest responder to propecia.

the problem: you are administering a proven drug in an unproven method. since hairloss is such an up and down kind of thing, even if this "syrup" drug was working, you would always be thinking in the back of your head, during the "down times" of hair loss treatment, is this the right drug? does the syrup totally destroy the effectiveness? damn, i wish i would have just used propecia all along, i wouldn't be in this predicament, it was working for me before? at least, this is what it seems like to me.

my advice, for peace of mind and sanity, irrelevant of whether or not the syrup is just as effective, just get the damn propecia or proscar and set your mind at ease. maybe i'm way off, and this isn't how you are thinking, i don't want to put words in your mouth, but it sounds like you aren't 100 percent behind this "syrup" theory. ;

Amen Bald Brother Trent, Amen.

G

I really don't understand why people who on the outset are so distraught about losing their hair, then decide to do something about by using a proven treatment and then either mess around with generics or like this poster make it into an Isotonic fruit crush which may or may not work.

Get Proscar. Cut the fuckers into 4 or 5 and eat them on a daily basis.

On the other hand, I have had my latest batch of Proscar blendid with chocolate and then baked into tiny fairy cakes. I guess that taking one fairy cake per day will definatley give me the results I am looking for.

Wish me luck...

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
traxdata said:
On the other hand, I have had my latest batch of Proscar blendid with chocolate and then baked into tiny fairy cakes. I guess that taking one fairy cake per day will definatley give me the results I am looking for.

Wish me luck...

I bet the fairy cake recipe has several dead smurfs in it.

G

DarklyCharming said:
traxdata said:

Wish me luck...

I bet the fairy cake recipe has several dead smurfs in it.

lol

Nixon's Head

Reaction score
traxdata said:
I really don't understand why people who on the outset are so distraught about losing their hair, then decide to do something about by using a proven treatment and then either mess around with generics or like this poster make it into an Isotonic fruit crush which may or may not work.

Get Proscar. Cut the fuckers into 4 or 5 and eat them on a daily basis.

Wish me luck...
Isotonic fruit chrush :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: